|Jos Buttler Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||September 8, 1990|
Jos Buttler is an English professional cricketer who has represented his country in all 3 formats of the sport (Tests, ODIs, and T20Is), as a wicketkeeper-batsman. He has also served as the regular vice-captain of the team in the last two of those formats. Jos was an integral member of the English squads that had reached the final of the 2016 ICC World T20 and won the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup, the first time that England had achieved the latter feat. He was also a member of the English team that agonizingly lost the final of the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy to India, by a margin of just 5 runs. In the English domestic circuit, he has played for Somerset County Cricket Club (2009–2013) and Lancashire County Cricket Club (2014–Present) across all 3 formats.
Joseph Charles Buttler
Taunton, Somerset, England, United Kingdom
England, United Kingdom
Jos had attended the King’s College, an independent secondary day and boarding school in his hometown of Taunton.
- Father – John Butler (Former Physical Education Teacher)
- Mother – Patricia Butler
- Siblings – Jimmie Gosser (Younger Brother), Joanne Vickers (Older Sister)
He is represented by Phoenix Management Group, Talent Management Agency, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom.
- 63 – Test Match, One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I), Mumbai Indians (IPL), Sydney Thunder (BBL), Rajasthan Royals (IPL)
- 15 – Somerset County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket)
- 6 – Lancashire County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jos has dated –
- Louise Webber (2017-Present) – Jos got married to fitness instructor and entrepreneur Louise Webber in October 2017. They have a daughter together named Georgia Rose (b. April 2019).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Affable Smile
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Often sports a light stubble
Jos has been sponsored by –
- Kookaburra Cricket UK
- Castore Sportswear
- Vitality UK (Insurance Company)
- Cooper Associates (Mortgage Advisory)
Jos Buttler Facts
- In 2009, Jos had captained his school to a 16-1 win-loss record. He was named one of the ‘Young Wisden Schools Cricketer of the Year’ in 2010.
- As of March 2021, he had held the record for scoring the fastest ODI hundred (46 balls) by an English batsman. He had created the record, in a match against Pakistan, in November 2015. He also sits 2nd on that list, with that hundred (in 50 balls) coming against Pakistan as well, in May 2019.
- For his performances in 2016, he was selected in the year’s ‘ICC World ODI XI’.
- Regarded as one of the greatest wicketkeeper-batsmen in the modern era, particularly in the limited-overs formats of the sport, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Melbourne Renegades (2013-14) and Sydney Thunder (2017-18–2018-19) in the BBL (Big Bash League); Mumbai Indians (2016-2017) and Rajasthan Royals (2018-Present) in the IPL (Indian Premier League); and Comilla Victorians (2017) in the BPL (Bangladesh Premier League).
- For his services to cricket, he was appointed a ‘Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE)’ in the 2020 New Year Honours.
Featured Image by Jos Buttler / Instagram