|Liam Livingstone Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 4, 1993|
Liam Livingstone is an English professional cricketer who has represented his country in the limited-overs formats of the sport (ODIs and T20Is), as a batting all-rounder. In the English domestic circuit, he has played for Lancashire County Cricket Club (2015–Present) across all 3 formats. A destructive batsman, he has been featured in franchise-based T20 leagues around the world, turning out for Karachi Kings (2019) and Peshawar Zalmi (2020) in the PSL (Pakistan Super League); Perth Scorchers (2019-20–2020-21) in the BBL (Big Bash League); Rajasthan Royals (2019, 2021-Present) in the IPL (Indian Premier League); and Cape Town Blitz (2019) in the MSL (Mzansi Super League). In 2021, he had also turned out for the Birmingham Phoenix, a franchise in a newly founded competition known as The Hundred, a professional 100-ball cricket tournament involving 8 men’s and 8 women’s teams based in major cities across England and Wales.
Liam Stephen Livingstone
Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom
He splits his time between Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, and Manchester, England, United Kingdom.
- Father – Steve Livingstone
- Siblings – Callum Livingstone (Brother)
He is represented by Phoenix Management Group, Talent Management Agency, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom.
Right-Arm Off Break, Right-Arm Leg Break
- 23 – One Day International (ODI), T20 International (T20I)
- 7 – Lancashire County Cricket Club (English Domestic Cricket), Karachi Kings (PSL), Perth Scorchers (BBL)
- 27 – Peshawar Zalmi (PSL), Rajasthan Royals (IPL)
6 ft or 183 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Liam has dated –
- Kate Olivia Mofatt
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
He often tends to dye his hair blonde.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a trimmed beard
He has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant Adidas.
Liam Livingstone Facts
- Liam had first come into the spotlight in April 2015 when he had smoked a scarcely believable 350 runs off just 138 deliveries for his club team, Nantwich. This was one of the highest individual scores ever recorded in any officially sanctioned limited-overs fixture.
- In April 2017, after he had led Lancashire, as a stand-in captain, to their first win of the season, he was awarded his county cap. In November 2017, he was appointed as club captain for the 2018 season.
- In a January 2020 BBL match, while batting for the Perth Scorchers, he was struck in the t*sticles thrice. On the 3rd occasion, he could be heard yelling ‘Oh no!’ over the stump microphone, leaving fans and commentators in splits.
- In March 2021, he had made his ODI debut for England in a bilateral series against India. He had made a solid first impression, averaging 72 runs per inning across the series.
- In July 2021, in the opening match of a bilateral series against Pakistan, he had scored 103 runs off just 43 balls, including 6 fours and 9 sixes. This was his maiden T20I century and he had become just the 3rd English batsman ever to achieve this feat. He had reached the 50-run mark off 17 balls and the 100-run mark off 42 balls. Both those feats were new records for an English batsman in T20Is.
- In February 2022, during IPL 2022 mega auction, Liam was purchased by Punjab Kings (PBKS) for INR 11.5 crore (or INR 115 million). With this, he became the most expensive overseas buy of IPL 2022 in the mega auction. He overtook Nicholas Pooran and Wanindu Hasaranga who were purchased for INR 10.75 crore each.
- On April 3, 2022, Liam hit the biggest six of IPL 2022 (until that time) while playing for Punjab Kings against Chennais Super Kings’ bowler Mukesh Choudhary. He had hit the 108-meter six.
Featured Image by Liam Livingstone / Instagram