|Nicholas Pooran Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 2, 1995|
Nicholas Pooran is a Trinbagonian professional cricketer and TV personality. Domestically, he played for Trinidad and Tobago starting with the 2012-2013 season as well as Sylhet Sixers starting in 2018. Internationally, he made his Twenty20 International (T20I) debut for the West Indies on September 23, 2016, against Pakistan.
Couva, Trinidad and Tobago
He attended Naparima College in San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago.
Professional Cricketer, TV Personality
- Siblings – He has a sister.
- Others – Vinod Mack (Cousin), Debasish Konwar (Cousin), Steven Katwaroo (Cousin) (Professional Cricketer)
Nicholas Pooran is represented by Insignia Sports (Manager) in London, England, United Kingdom.
29 – West Indies
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Nicholas Pooran has dated –
- Kathrina Miguel (2014-Present) – He began dating Kathrina on April 12, 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black and Asian)
He is of Trinidadian and Indian descent.
He has also dyed his hair ‘Blonde’ in the past.
- Arched eyebrows
- Often wears earrings
Nicholas Pooran has endorsed brands such as Puma.
Nicholas Pooran Favorite Things
- Season – Winter
- Food – Mussels
- Personal Quotes – “Sometimes in life, you set your plans and your plans don’t happen,” “To find happiness, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, and something to inspire you!”
Nicholas Pooran Facts
- In 2013, Nicholas was the youngest cricketer in the Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
- During the 2014 Under-19 World Cup, playing as West Indies under-19s vice-captain, he scored 303 runs from 6 matches. He also scored innings of 143 runs against Australia during the same cup in 2014 which was a majority of his team’s total, 208 all out. This was the highest score of the tournament and highest ever under-19 score against Australia in ODI.
- Nicholas set a record for all under-19 matches in 2014 with his 136-run ninth-wicket partnership with Jerome Jones, a Barbadian cricketer.
- Nicholas injured his knee and ankle in a road accident in January 2015. He had to undergo 2 surgeries, couldn’t straighten his leg, and spent 6 months in a wheelchair. He was forced to skip the 2015 Caribbean Premier League and the rest of the domestic season playing for Trinidad and Tobago.
- Nicholas credits a former Indian wicketkeeper/batsman, Kiran More, for helping him regain his physical condition after the injury.
- He met Sachin Tendulkar in 2017.
- On July 1, 2019, he scored his 1st century in ODIs against Sri Lanka. Nicholas also scored 367 runs in 9 matches, making him the leading run-scorer for his team, West Indies.
- He pleaded guilty to ball-tampering during the 3rd ODI against Afghanistan in November 2019. International Cricket Council (ICC) banned him for 4 T20I matches and added 5 demerit points to his record.
- In 2019, he was signed up by Kings XI Punjab for a salary of INR 4.2 crores or around $588k.
- He drinks alcohol in moderation, typically wine.
- He has been described as “young Chris Gayle” by Mike Hesson, Kings XI Punjab‘s coach.
- Nicholas has been described as having “an old head on young shoulders” and as a “veteran of just 24 years” for exuding confidence and maturity at a young age.
- Nicholas is not the type of person to plan ahead.
- He was praised by AB de Villiers, a former professional cricketer from South Africa.
- Ashwin Ravichandran called him “special” on December 8, 2019, after he managed to achieve 38 runs off 18 balls against India, thus beating them by 8 wickets. Later that month, Irfan Pathan called him “a special talent.”
- Nicholas enjoys jet skiing whenever he goes on vacation.
- He is a luxury car enthusiast.
- In the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 edition which was held in UAE due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Nicholas was highly praised for his humongous effort to save a six for his team Kings XI Punjab in a match against Rajasthan Royals.
Featured Image by Nicholas Pooran / Instagram