|Dinesh Karthik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1985|
|Spouse||Dipika Pallikal Karthik|
Dinesh Karthik is a professional Indian cricketer who is best known for his impressive batting performance for the Indian national cricket team. Besides that, he was also the chosen captain for the 2018 IPL’s Kolkata Knight Riders team. Dinesh has a huge fan base with more than 2 million followers on Twitter, more than 1 million followers on Instagram, and more than 350k followers on Facebook.
Tiruchendur, Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
He was partially educated in Kuwait’s Carmel School and the Fahaheel Al-Watanieh Indian Private School.
- Father – Krishna Kumar
- Mother – Padmini Krishnakumar
- Siblings – Vinesh Karthik (Younger Brother)
Dinesh is represented by Bunty Sajdeh.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dinesh has dated –
- Nikita Vanjara (2007-2012) – Dinesh and Nikita were childhood friends and married one another in 2007. However, their relationship fell apart when Dinesh found out about his then-wife Nikita Vanjara was in an extramarital affair with his teammate Murali Vijay in 2012 and parted ways with her the same year.
- Dipika Pallikal Karthik (2013-Present) – In November 2013, national squash player Dipika Pallikal and Dinesh got engaged and tied the knot with one another in August 2015. In October 2021, the couple was blessed with twin boys named Kabir Pallikal Karthik and Zian Pallikal Karthik.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sports a thick beard
- Brushed his hair backward
Through his social media, he has either endorsed or promoted various brands such as Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
Dinesh Karthik Favorite Things
- Pro Kabbadi League Team – Tamil Thalaivas
- Pro Kabbadi League Player – Ajay Thakur
Source – MyKhel.com
Dinesh Karthik Facts
- He was brought up in Tamil Nadu but spent a brief amount of 2 years in Kuwait where his father was posted at the time.
- Karthik was 10 years old when he started playing cricket.
- Initially, Dinesh was coached by his father who had previously played as a first-division cricketer from Chennai.
- His father encouraged him to train intensely as a batsman at a young age. Hence, he threw faster leather balls in order to develop faster reflexes.
- He learned to wicketkeeping after he started playing for youth teams in Tamil Nadu.
- It was former international cricketer Robindra Ramnarine Singh who saw true potential in his performance.
- Dinesh played his debut first-class match against Baroda in 2002. He was wicketkeeping for his team at the time. However, his failure to perform in the next matches saw him taken off the team and also overlooked for the zonal Duleep Trophy.
- In the past, he attended a wicket-keeping camp that was held under the guidance of former wicketkeeper Kiran More.
- In October 2004, he played his first test match for the national cricket team against Australia. Dinesh was called in as a replacement to cricketer Parthiv Patel.
- During the 2014 IPL, Dinesh was bought by the Delhi Daredevils for an astonishing 12.5 crores. In 2015, he was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for 10.5 crores. This made him the second-highest-paid player for 2 consecutive years in a row.
Featured Image By Dinesh Karthik / Instagram