|Hardik Pandya Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||October 11, 1993|
Within a couple of years of having broken into the national team, Hardik Pandya has established himself as the vital cog of the Indian team that has been delivering tremendous performances. The fact, that since Kapil Dev India has struggled to find a fast-bowling all-rounder that can give match-winning performances like the legendary Indian captain, has contributed to Pandya being treated with special care. The mercurial player has justified Indian establishment’s faith by delivering some promising performances including his 93 runs of 95 balls in his first test match in South Africa, whereas all other batsmen had combined scored just 102 off 347 balls.
Hardik Himanshu Pandya
Surat, Gujarat, India
Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Hardik Pandya went to the MK High School in Vadodara. However, he dropped out in the 9th grade so as to focus on cricket.
Professional Cricket Player
- Father – Himanshu Pandya (Previously ran small car finance business)
- Mother – Nalini Pandya
- Siblings – Krunal Pandya (Older Brother) (Professional Cricket Player)
IMG-Reliance (IMGR) Talent Management
Right-arm fast medium
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hardik Pandya has dated –
- Lisha Sharma (2016-2017) – The reports of Hardik Pandya dating Kolkata based model Lisha Sharma first surfaced in March 2016. These reports were influenced by her Instagram post in which she stood cuddled up with Pandya. In the caption, she had called him ‘My Boo,’ which further fired these rumors up. It was also claimed that they had been spotted shopping in several malls in Kolkata and were even seen dining at the Taj Bengal. It seems that they might have separated in the early months of 2017 as he posted an update on Valentine’s day eve claiming that he was single and all the gossip about his relationship was rubbish.
- Parineeti Chopra (2017) – In September 2017, Hardik Pandya was linked with actress Parineeti Chopra after they indulged in a subtle flirting on Twitter. However, they both released statements on social media rubbishing dating claims.
- Shibani Dandekar (2017) – Once again, Hardik was RUMORed to be dating IPL host Shibani Dandekar after she complimented the ace cricketer on Twitter in 2017.
- Elli AvrRam (2017-2018) – The speculation about Pandya dating Swedish actress Elli AvrRam first started towards the end of 2017. The dating rumors caught fire in December 2017 after they were spotted together at Krunal Pandya’s wedding. They were spotted posing backstage at the event as well. Then in March 2018, she was spotted dropping him off at the Mumbai Airport as he joined the Indian team for the Nidahas Trophy in Sri Lanka. In April 2018, she was spotted cheering him on during Mumbai Indian’s IPL match. In the summer of 2018, it was reported that they have separated as he was linked with a number of other women. But the breakup reports couldn’t be verified.
- Urvashi Rautela (2018) – In April 2018, Hardik was linked with actress Urvashi Rautela. The media claimed that they had been spotted flirting at Gautam Singhania’s party at his Breach Candy residence.
- Esha Gupta (2018) – In July 2018, it was claimed that Pandya was dating model and actress Esha Gupta. It was revealed in media reports that they had met at a private party. In a bid to keep their relationship secret, they had been mostly meeting indoors. They wanted to shield their relationship from the public glare that often follows popular cricketers in India.
- Nataša Stanković (2019-Present) – On January 1, 2020, Serbian actress Nataša Stanković and Hardik made their engagement public. They were dating from some time. In May 2020, they publicly revealed about their marriage. In July 2020, Nataša and Hardik welcomed a baby boy.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Gujarati ancestry.
- Wiry body
- Eye-catching and eccentric hairstyles
- Unique dressing style
Hardik Pandya has endorsed –
- SG Cricket
- Gulf Oil
Best Known For
- Being the first choice batting allrounder for the Indian national team in all 3 formats of the game
- His ability to clear the boundaries with ease and his brutality as a cricketer while facing a spinner
- His tremendous performances for the IPL team Mumbai Indians with whom he managed to win the IPL tournament in his debut season itself
First Cricket Match
In January 2016, he made his Twenty20 International debut against Australia. He managed to pick 2 wickets in the match with Chris Lynn being his first international victim.
In October 2016, Pandya made his first One Day International (ODI) appearance against New Zealand at Dharamshala. He picked 3 wickets in the match and was declared Man of the Match.
In July 2017, he made his test debut for the Indian national team against Sri Lanka in Galle.
Apart from his regular training, Hardik relies on his gym workout to take his game to the next level. Although his gym workout routines keep on changing according to his fitness needs, he usually prefers to keep a mix of weight training exercises and bodyweight exercises. He includes exercises such as deadlifts, single-leg deadlifts, lunges, and hamstring extensions in his lower body workout.
Hardik Pandya Facts
- When he won Man of the Match award on his ODI debut, he became the 4th Indian player after Sandeep Patil, Mohit Sharma, and his teammate K. L. Rahul to win the award.
- When he was 5 years old, his father moved the family from Surat to Vadodara so that his sons could have a better shot at becoming cricketers. In the process, he had to close his car finance business in Surat.
- While growing up, Pandya joined former wicket-keeper Kiran More’s academy in Vadodara. More had previously also served as the Chairman of the Selection Committee of the BCCI.
- While playing in local cricket tournaments, Hardik and his brother Krunal used to travel in a second-hand car. However, they often used to get stuck in unfortunate situations due to inadequate fuel in the car.
- He had been dropped from the state age-group teams on a couple of occasions as he was deemed to have attitude problem. However, he has argued that he was simply an expressive individual and found it hard to keep his opinions to himself.
- In the 2018 IPL Auction, Mumbai Indians opted to retain his services and paid Rs. 11 crores for his services.
- In March 2016, he managed to grab 2 wickets in the last 3 balls as India managed to defeat Bangladesh in World Twenty20 match. Bangladesh needed just 2 runs from 3 balls with 4 wickets remaining.
- In July 2018, he scored 33 runs in 14 balls and managed to grab 4 wickets for 38 runs in a Twenty20 match against England. Thus, becoming the first Indian player to score over 30 runs and take 4 wickets in a single match.
- In his innings of 76 off 43 balls in 2017 Champions Trophy final against Pakistan, he reached his half-century in 32 balls. This was the fastest 50 scored in any ICC competition. The previous record was held by Australian legend Adam Gilchrist.
- He scored his first test century in the 3rd test match against Sri Lanka at Kandy in August 2017. He also became the first Indian batsman to score a century before lunch.
- In the Kandy test match, Pandya also became the first Indian player to have scored 26 runs in a single over. He hit 3 sixes and 2 fours in left-arm spinner Malinda Pushpakumara’s over.
Featured Image by Hardik Pandya / Instagram