Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Urvashi Rautela went to the DAV School in her hometown Kotdwar.
After completing her school education, she got enrolled at the Gargi College, Delhi University. Prior to joining Gargi College, she had got admission at the Hindu College as well but as it was far from her home in Delhi, she decided against joining it as it would make difficult for her to balance her modeling work.
Actress and model
- Father – Manvar Singh (Businessman)
- Mother – Meera Singh (Businesswoman and a Beauty Salon Owner)
- Siblings – Yashraj Rautela (Younger Brother)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
62 kg or 137 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Urvashi has dated –
- Hardik Pandya (2018) – There were rumors about Urvashi dating Indian cricketer Hardik Pandya after they were spotted flirting at a friend’s party.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Garhwali ancestry, whereas, on her mother’s side, she has Kumaoni ancestry.
- Broad smile
- High cheekbones
- Fuller lips
36-26-35 in or 91.5-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
Urvashi has appeared in a series of commercials for
- Prince Jewelry line from Lumineux Uno
- Man Blind Condoms
- Swivel Collection
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Having represented India at the 2015 Miss Universe competition, after having won Miss Diva competition.
- Having appeared in the lead role in the adult comedy movie, Great Grand Masti.
In 2013, Urvashi made her film debut as one of the main characters in action drama movie, Singh Saab the Great.
First TV Show
In 2016, Urvashi made her first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, The Kapil Sharma Show.
Urvashi is trained by Upesh Saluja, a fitness model, and certified personal trainer. Her workout starts with warm-up routine in which she uses a Bosu Ball by stepping on it and a series of sit-ups and squats. Her trainer claims that such warm-up routine activates the core and is great for overall balance.
She follows it up with a complex exercise using Bosu ball that includes pushups, rows, and squats. Next, she uses TRX bands for reverse body rows and follows it up with jump squats and skater lunges. Overall, her workout routine includes a lot of complex exercises that work different muscles at the same time.
However, she doesn’t follow a single workout for long period of time as she gets bored easily. Also, she relies on other activities to further enhance her fitness and to improve her body tone. She loves dancing and is a fan of yoga as well.
As per her diet, she doesn’t follow any dieting plan and is certainly not a fan of leaving any nutrient group from her diet. She doesn’t count calories but refrains from eating junk food. She also eats a lot of leafy vegetables and fruits. Plus, she relies on fruit juices for energy punch.
Here are some Instagram video links, you might be interested to watch.
Urvashi Rautela Favorite Things
- Street Food – Golgappas, Momos, and Dahi Vada
- Actors – Akshay Kumar and Govinda
- Actresses – Aishwarya Rai and Julia Roberts
- Style Icon – Sushmita Sen
- Director – Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Holiday Destinations – Spain and Thailand
- Place In India – Goa
- Dishes – Dal Chawal and Fish
- Drinks – Pineapple Juice and lemonade
- Colors – Purple, pink and peach
Source – Hindustan Times
Urvashi Rautela Facts
- While growing up, she had planned to become an engineer.
- She started her modeling career at the age of 15. At the same age, she was crowned as Miss India 2009.
- In 2012, she was crowned as Miss Universe India. However, after discovering that she was underage for the competition, the jury decided to disqualify her.
- She has established Urvashi Rautela Foundation for humanitarian and charity work.
- In August 2017, she extended her support to families affected by the flood in Uttrakhand. She herself met with families and distributed food packages and other necessary goods.
- She has also done activism work for Save the Girl Child Camp, which aims to fight girl child infanticide.
- In July 2017, she launched her exclusive app to give insight into her personal life. At the launch event, Urvashi claimed that she would personally reply to messages from her fans on the app.
- She is a national level basketball champion.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image via Bollywood Hungama / CC BY 3.0