|Khaleel Ahmed Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Khaleel Ahmed is an Indian cricketer who is best known for his left-arm fast-paced bowling and his ability to swing it in the direction of his choice. His performance at the U-19 cricket tournament was the highlight of his career and hence, earned him a place with the Indian national team in mid-2018. He also has a huge fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 400k followers on Facebook, and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Khaleel Khursheed Ahmed
Tonk, Rajasthan, India
According to various sources, Khaleel is said to have attended the Janardan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth University in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
He trained under the watchful eye of cricket coach Imtiyaz Ali Khan and Rahul Dravid.
- Father – Khursheed Ahmed (Compounder)
- Siblings – He has 3 sisters.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Sports a boxed beard style
- Lean physique
- Brushes his hair backward
Khaleel Ahmed Facts
- He was raised in the small district of Tonk in a family that was not so well-off.
- Growing up, Khaleel never missed a day of going to the mosque to read the namaaz before watching a game of cricket.
- Khaleel would borrow his friend’s bicycle to attend cricket practice.
- Ahmed’s father wanted him to become a doctor. However, Khaleel did not find much interest in his academics and did not want to work for anyone.
- His coach Imtiyaz was the one who convinced his father into letting Khaleel focus only on his cricket preparation.
- Khaleel is a left-arm fast-medium bowler but right-handed batsman.
- It was Dravid who convinced the owners of the Delhi Daredevils to buy Khaleel for INR 10 lakhs in 2016.
- He was part of the 2016 ICC Under-19 World Cup cricket team. His impressive performance caught the eye of Rahul Dravid and later played under his mentorship.
- His father works as a compounder for a local hospital in Tonk and was the sole provider of his family until 2018. However, all of that changed for Khaleel and his family when he was bought by the Sunrisers Hyderabad for an estimated INR 3 crore at the 2018 IPL auction.
- He was called out to play for the Indian national cricket team on September 18, 2018. Khaleel played his debut match against Hong Kong in the One Day International format at the “2018 Asia Cup”.
- Khaleel played his first Twenty 20 International format on November 4, 2018, against the West Indies.
- In 2019, Khaleel made headlines after having injured his teammate and key batsman Vijay Shankar during a practice session on the net.
- Khaleel is obsessed with sunglasses and has a huge collection of them.
- As of 2019, Khaleel’s performance was considered to be not up to the mark for the Indian national team and has been trolled on Twitter on more than one occasion by fans.
- Khaleel looks up to former Indian cricketer Zaheer Khan and his father Khursheed Ahmed for inspiration.
Featured Image By Khaleel Ahmed / Instagram