|Yo Yo Honey Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||March 15, 1983|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Hirdesh Singh or Yo Yo Honey Singh studied music in the United Kingdom. He is known for many songs including Blue Eyes, Brown Rang, Dheere Dheere, etc. He introduced his wife Shalini Talwar Singh for the first time on the TV show India’s Raw Star.
Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India
New Delhi, India
Yo Yo Honey Singh went to the Guru Nanak Public School, Punjab Bagh, New Delhi.
He later got enrolled at the Trinity School, Belvedere, UK to study music.
Singer, Music Producer, Music Director, Actor
- Father – Sardaar Sarabjit Singh
- Mother – Bhupinder Kaur
Bhangra, Hip-hop, Indi-pop, R&B
Mafia Mundeer Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
77 kg or 170 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Yo Yo Honey Singh has dated –
- Shalini Talwar Singh – Honey Singh kept his marriage to Shalini Talwar Singh secret for a long time. Till his 2013 interview with Zee News Channel head Sudhir Chaudhary, Honey Singh had maintained that he was a single man whereas he had married in 2011. In August 2021, Shalini had sued Honey Singh on charges of domestic violence, sexual violence, mental harassment, and financial violence. Their divorce was finalized in September 2022 after he paid INR 1 crore to her.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Punjabi ancestry.
Yo Yo Honey Singh has appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- American Swan
- Etisalat 4G
Best Known For
- The immense popularity of his singles such as One Bottle Down, Bring Me Back, and Dheere Dheere.
- Having collaborated with a number of leading music artists such as Diljit Dosanjh, Jazzy B, Money Aujla, and Neha Kakkar for hit songs such as This Party Gettin’ Hot, Lak 28 Kudi Da, and Satan.
In 2005, he released his debut studio album, Peshi.
In 2012, he made his theatrical film debut in the Punjabi action movie, Mirza – The Untold Story.
First TV Show
In 2014, Yo Yo Honey Singh made his first TV show appearance on the comedy sketch show, Comedy Nights with Kapil.
Honey Singh regularly hits the gym to keep his buff physique in perfect shape. He relies on his weight training and conditioning regime to whip his body into shape. His workouts have a healthy mix of machine-oriented and free-weight exercises.
He has revealed in his interviews that he is such a big fitness freak that he works out for 2 hours in the gym. He has also added boxing sessions to his workout regime.
Yo Yo Honey Singh Favorite Things
- Rapper – Emiway Bantai
Source – YouTube
Yo Yo Honey Singh Facts
- He became the 1st Bollywood singer to charge Rs. 70 lakhs for a song when he was paid a similar amount for the single Mujhe Neat Pila De Sajna for the movie Mastaan.
- Yo Yo, in his moniker, is inspired by an African American slang that means ‘your own.’ Thus, translating his stage name to Your Own Honey Singh.
- In late 2014, he disappeared from the music scene as well as the public spotlight. Although he made his comeback by the following year, his absence from the public stage lasted 18 months. He blamed bipolar disease for his prolonged absence.
- In 2012, he landed in a major controversy as it was claimed that some of his songs encouraged violence against women and shed the positive light on rape. Plus, the fact that the infamous 2012 Delhi gang rape had occurred at that time only increased his difficulties as an FIR was filed against him. The Punjab and Haryana High court decided to dismiss the FIR against him in July 2013.
- In 2014, he got embroiled in a public feud with fellow rapper Raftaar as the latter claimed that he wasn’t credited for the lyrics of the single, Yeh Fugly Fugly Kya Hai.
- In 2016, he got into a public war of words with fellow rapper Badshah, who used to be his close friend in the past. Honey Singh had called himself a luxurious Rolls Royce in the interview while calling Badshah a low-budget Nano.
- In August 2021, his wife Shalini Talwar Singh approached the Delhi court and filed a case against him, alleging physical, mental, and emotional abuse. She sought INR 10 crore compensation and INR 5 lakhs per month for a fully furnished house in Delhi.
Featured Image by Flexfxproductions / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0