|Billy Corgan Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||March 17, 1967|
Billy Corgan is an American musician, songwriter, singer, professional wrestling magnate, producer, director, and poet. He was best known as the lead singer and founder of the heavy metal and psychedelic rock band The Smashing Pumpkins that he formed with James Iha and D’arcy Wretzky in 1988. They disbanded in 2000 but re-formed in 2005 and released their 7th studio album, Zeitgeist in 2007.
William Patrick Corgan, Jr.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Billy attended Marquardt Middle School in Glendale Heights, Illinois, United States. He then enrolled in Glenbard North High School in Carol Stream, Illinois, United States.
Musician, Songwriter, Singer, Producer, Director, Poet, Professional Wrestling Magnate
- Father – William Patrick Corgan Sr. (Rock/Blues Guitarist)
- Mother – Martha Louise (Maes) Corgan Lutz
- Siblings – Ricky Corgan (Younger Brother)
- Others – Herbert Carl Corgan (Paternal Grandfather), Lillian Ruth Wortham (Paternal Grandmother), Henry Peter Maes (Maternal Grandfather), Concetta/Consetta Olga “Connie” DiBartolo (Maternal Grandmother), Peter Carl Corgan (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Grace May Alexander (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Harry Garner Wortham (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Wortha Golden Smith (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Ernest Maes (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Martha Julia Van Heck (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Cesidio Joseph “Joe” Dibartolo/Di Bartolo (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Concetta Louise Luguia Ruscitti/Rucitti (Maternal Great-Grandmother). He also has a younger paternal half-brother.
Billy Corgan is represented by Evolution Music Partners (Talent Agent) in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Alternative Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Heavy Metal
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Bass
- Caroline Records
- Virgin Records
- Reprise Records
- Warner Bros.
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Billy Corgan has dated –
- Fiona Horne – He had a brief encounter with an Australian musician and singer in the past.
- Jennifer Finch – Billy dated the fellow musician, best known for her punk rock group L7.
- Chris Fabian (1987-1997) – He began dating the art conservator and artist Chris Fabian in 1987. After 6 years of on-and-off dating, he married her at his house in Wrigleyville, Chicago in 1993. They broke up in late 1995 but got divorced in 1997.
- Yelena Yemchuk (1995-2004) – In late 1995, Billy started a relationship with a photographer Yelena Yemchuk, who helped create his band’s album art and videos during that period. They broke up in 2004.
- Emilie Autumn (2005) – For a few months, while they were collaborating professionally on his solo album, he dated a fellow musician, Emilie Autumn.
- Courtney Love (1989-1991, 2006-2010) – Billy Corgan dated a well-known singer, songwriter, and actress for around 3 years. In 1991, she fell in love with Kurt Cobain and they broke up. In 2006, they reconciled, and he even moved in and had a separate wing in her mansion in Hollywood Hills. Despite living with Courtney and her daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, he allegedly refused to attend her sweet 16 birthday party. Billy revealed that he had split with Courtney in March 2010.
- Sierra Swan (2006) – He had a brief encounter with fellow singer Sierra Swan in 2006.
- Jackie Johnson (2009) – Billy was linked to the TV personality in May 2009.
- Jessica Simpson (2009) – He was linked to the pop star Jessica Simpson in 2009.
- Tila Tequila (2009-2010) – For a year, Billy and the singer, model, and blogger were an item.
- Jessica Origliasso (2010-2012) – He dated Jessica, a member of the band The Veronicas, between 2010 and June 2012.
- Chloe Mendel (2013-Present) – He began dating Chloe, a designer at Maison Atia, around 2013. On November 16, 2015, they welcomed their 1st child, a son named Augustus Juppiter Corgan, and a daughter named Philomena Clementine Corgan, on October 2, 2018.
- Lisa Marie Presley (2017-2018) – They were linked in 2017 and 2018 when she allegedly began exacting revenge on her ex-husband, guitarist Michael Lockwood. Those claims turned out to be rumors.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, Scottish, and English descent on his paternal side, and of Belgian-Flemish and Italian descent on his maternal side.
Billy Corgan Favorite Things
- Bands – Pantera, Depeche Mode, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, The Cure, Metallica, Queen, Breaking Benjamin
- Artistic Influences – Pablo Picasso, Jimi Hendrix, William S. Burroughs, Jack Kerouac, Philip K. Dick
- Baseball Team – Chicago Cubs
Source – Wikipedia
Billy Corgan Facts
- He and his family live with 2 dogs and 2 cats.
- He was a pescetarian starting in 2013 but became a vegan and started eating a gluten-free diet around 2017.
Featured Image by Benutzer / Wikimedia / Public Domain