|Diljit Dosanjh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 6, 1984|
Diljit Dosanjh is a known name in Hindi and Punjabi film and music industry. Diljit who is an accomplished singer and actor is also a TV presenter as he has co-hosted PTC Punjabi Film Awards in 2012, 2013 and 2014. He has also judged Rising Star on Colors alongside Monali Thakur and Shankar Mahadevan.
Daljit Singh Dosanjh
Dosanjh Kalan, Punjab, India
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Diljit Dosanjh went to the Shri Guru Harkrishan Public School in Ludhiana. He completed his school education at the same institute.
Actor, Singer, Television Presenter
- Father – Balbir Singh (He worked with Punjab Roadways)
- Mother – Sukhwinder Kaur
- Siblings – Manjeet Singh (Younger Brother). He has an older sister as well.
Punjabi, Bhangra, Romantic, Pop, Sikh
- Speed Records
- Dharam Seva
- Moviebox Records
- Finetone Cassettes
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Diljit Dosanjh has remained very guarded about his private life while interacting with the media and fans. Many of his fans might not be aware that Diljit is a married man. His marriage came to the public light in 2017 when it was reported that his marriage was in trouble due to his success in Bollywood as the increased work in Mumbai had led to a communication breakdown between Diljit and his wife.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi descent.
- Wears a turban
- Often has a trimmed beard
- In 2015, Diljit Dosanjh was selected as the brand ambassador of Coca-Cola.
- He was also signed up by Flipkart for their Connect campaign in Punjab.
- He has served as a spokesperson for Star Sports Pro Kabbadi and as a part of his contract, he recorded a Pro Kabbadi League theme song Asli Panga.
Best Known For
- Being one of the most successful artists in the Punjabi Music Industry. Many of his singles have managed to reach beyond the regional lines and become national and international hits.
- Having appeared in leading roles in the popular Punjabi movies such as Jatt & Juliet, Punjab 1984, and Sardaar Ji 2.
- His highly acclaimed performance in the Bollywood drama movie, Udta Punjab.
In 2000, he released his first studio album, Ishq Da Uda Adaa.
In 2010, he made his theatrical film debut in the romantic drama movie, Mel Karade Rabba in a special appearance.
First TV Show
In 2010, Diljit Dosanjh made his first TV show appearance on the music talent show, Awaaz Punjab Di. He co-hosted the show with Divya Dutta.
Diljit Dosanjh Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Shaktiman, Chandrakanta, Ramayana
- Actors – Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh
- Subject At School – Punjabi
- Director – Anurag Singh
- Punjabi Actor – Gurdas Maan
Source – Ghaint Punjab, I Am Punjaabi
Diljit Dosanjh Facts
- He decided against releasing his album Urban Pendu after it received fierce criticism for the content of the singles. His single 15 Saal was especially controversial as it touched upon the loose character of underage girls.
- During The Dosanjh Tour in 2016, he achieved the distinction of being the 2nd Punjabi singer after Gurdas Mann to perform who sold out the iconic Wembley Arena.
- He started his music career by performing kirtan (Sikh religious prayer and music) at gurudwaras while studying in school.
- He has coined the term Urban Pendu. The term was emblazoned across the front of his sweatshirt in the music video of his single, Proper Patola.
- On his birthday in 2013, he established the non-profit organization, Saanjh Foundation, which aims to help underprivileged seniors and children by supporting orphanages and old age homes.
- He has often claimed that he doesn’t identify by some of the content of his songs, which especially focus on party lifestyle, girls, and drinking, but he has to perform such songs to make himself financially secure.
- Diljit’s popular song Proper Patola is the first Punjabi song to be featured on Vevo.
- His album Back2Basics managed to win 3 BritAsia TV Music Awards – Best International Act, Best Album and Best Bhangra Single for the song Kharku.
- The inspiration behind his hit single Do You Know was Kylie Jenner.
- Visit his official website @ www.iamdiljitdosanjh.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Diljit Dosanjh / Instagram