|Gurdas Maan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||January 4, 1957|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gurdas Maan is an Indian playback singer, songwriter, musician, and actor who has gained acclaim with his work in Punjabi and Hindi language music and films. His discography consists of albums such as Dil Da Mamla Hai, Boot Polishan, Raat Suhani, Chakkar, Nacho Babbeo, Tu Daati Asin Mangte Tere, Ibbadat Gurdas Maan, Teri Khair Hove, Kirpa Daati Di, Vekhin Kite Yaar Na Hove, Yaar Mera Pyar, Wah Ni Jawaniye, Bhanven Kakh Na Rahe, Dil Hona Chahida Jawaan, Larh Geya Pecha, Five Rivers, Haee Shawa Baee Haee Shawa, Ishq Da Gidda, Dil Da Badshah, Ishq Na Dekhe Zaat, Sada Punjab – Duniya Mela Do Din Da, Punjab Di Shaan, Pyar Kar Le, Jogiya, Heer, and Vilayatan. In addition to that, Gurdas Maan has also been cast in various films which include Long Da Lishkara, Sukhmani: Hope for Life, Manto, Gabhroo Punjab Da, Qurbani Jatt Di, Kee Banu Duniya Daa, Dil Vil Pyaar Vyaar, Shaheed-E-Mohabbat, Mummy Punjabi, Shaheed Udham Singh, Veer-Zaara, Zindagi Khoobsurat Hai, Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris, and Nankana.
Gurudas, G. Mann
Giddarbaha, Punjab, India
Gurdas Maan received his school education in Giddarbaha and then graduated from DAV College, Malout. In 1973, he completed his Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) degree from the Government College of Physical Education Patiala.
He later received a Masters degree in Physical Education.
Playback Singer, Songwriter, Musician, Actor
- Father – Gurdev Singh
- Mother – Tej Kaur (Died in 2016)
- Siblings – Paramjit Bahia (Brother)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $50 Million.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gurdas Maan has dated –
- Manjeet Maan – He is married to actor, film producer, and director Manjeet Maan and they have a son named Gurickk Maan.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Gurdas Maan Facts
- Growing up, he took an interest in music and mimicry.
- He portrayed the character of Indian revolutionary and freedom fighter Bhagat Singh in the 1999 Punjabi-language biographical film Shaheed Udham Singh. The film is based on the life of Indian revolutionary Udham Singh and Gurdas Maan’s co-stars for the project included Raj Babbar, Amrish Puri, and Barry John.
- Gurdas Maan made a guest appearance in the 2004 romantic drama film Veer-Zaara, starring Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta.
- Alongside Juhi Chawla, Divya Dutta, Sushant Singh, and Gurkirtan, he co-starred portraying the character of Waris Shah (an 18th-century Punjabi Sufi poet of the Chishti order known popularly for his contribution to Punjabi literature) in the 2006 Punjabi-language film Waris Shah: Ishq Daa Waaris.
- Gurdas Maan’s album titled Boot Polishan was released in 2008 via Sony BMG Music Entertainment and it received the award for “Best International Album” at the UK Asian Music Awards in 2009.
- He brought to life the character of Agam in the 2014 Punjabi-language family drama film Dil Vil Pyaar Vyaar. For this, he won the “Star Forever Award” at the PTC Punjabi Film Awards in 2015.
- Along with Diljit Dosanjh, Gurdas Maan performed the song Ki Banu Dunia Da for MTV Coke Studio India in 2015 and it was aired in season 4 episode 5 (August 16, 2015) on MTV India.
- He received the “Filmfare Award for Living Legend” in the first Filmfare Awards Punjabi event in 2017.
- Gurdas Maan is multilingual and speaks Punjabi, Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Haryanvi, and Rajasthani.
- He appeared as Sirajuddin in the 2018 Hindi-language biographical drama film Manto. Based on the life of the prominent Urdu author Saadat Hasan Manto, the film stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Tahir Raj Bhasin, Rasika Dugal, and Rajshri Deshpande.
- In an interview with Express & Star, Maan revealed that he is an avid supporter of the Manchester United football club.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0