|Tahir Raj Bhasin Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|April 21, 1987
Tahir Raj Bhasin is an Indian actor and model who shot to fame after making his official film debut with Mardaani (2014), which earned him the Screen Award for “Best Actor in a Negative Role” along with a nomination for the Filmfare Award for “Best Supporting Actor”. He has appeared in several other movies including Chhichhore (2019) and has starred in a number of web series like Time Out (2018). Bhasin has amassed more than 340k followers on his Instagram.
Tahir Raj Bhasin
Tahir went to the Barry John Acting School. He studied Political Science at Hindu College at the University of Delhi. He attended the University of Melbourne, Australia and acquired a master’s degree in Media from there with special papers in Screen Media as well as the History and Philosophy of film.
Tahir took classes on Body Language and Behavioral Analytic at the Institute of Advanced Acting and Behavioural Studies for a year.
- Father – He worked in the Indian Air Force.
- Mother – She worked for the Confederation of Indian Industry, and Aptech Computers.
- Siblings – He has 2 younger siblings including his younger brother who has been a pilot in Cathay Pacific.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled smile
- Beard and mustache
He has done paid partnerships online with brands like Jim Beam.
Tahir Raj Bhasin Favorite Things
- Genre Of Films – Romance
Source – Indian Express
Tahir Raj Bhasin Facts
- He has disclosed that his comfort zone has been being a romantic hero mainly as having grown up in the 1990s, that had been the type of cinema he saw, which had led to the molding of hid concept of hero. That had made him get thrilled when he landed Mardaani as his first film, so much so that he had taken it up as a challenge.
- Bhasin has stated that he had to push his craft in trying to achieve the intense grey character in Mardaani. He has added that back in the day, people would call his character the anti-hero and he had found a certain charm in playing those roles due to the mystery that they bring along. Having tried to pick a variety of parts consciously, he has been glad that after Mardaani, he got the action film Force 2 followed by the college drama Chhichore.
- He has revealed that his criteria when accepting projects have been the story.
- Bhasin has stated that as Looop Lapeta was shot in Goa, he had a great time doing touristy activities in his free time. It had been filmed while coming out of the first lockdown and at that time heading to Goa to shoot had been a dream come true. He had spent the days off during the schedule in beach shacks, which had been a wonderful way for the cast and the crew to relax as well as bond. The movie having been all about pace, style, and vibe, Goa had been the ideal place to bring all the components together and embellish the magical world.
- He has observed that the more work one has done, the more acceptance he or she has got from the fraternity as well as the audience.
- Bhasin has enjoyed folding clean laundry and has felt it to be therapeutic.
Featured Image by Tahir Raj Bhasin / Instagram