|Divya Dutta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1977|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Divya Dutta is an Indian actress, model, author, and motivational speaker who has appeared in a number of Bollywood, Punjabi, Malayalam, and English films and given notable performances. She is best known for her roles in films like Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, Veer-Zaara, Irada, Welcome to Sajjanpur, Delhi-6, Shaheed-E-Mohabbat, LOC Kargil, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero, Umrao Jaan, and Heroine.
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Divya Dutta studied at Sacred Heart Convent School in Ludhiana.
Actress, Model, Author, Motivational Speaker
- Mother – Dr. Nalini Dutta (Government Officer, Doctor)
- Sibling – Rahul Dutta (Brother)
- Others – Deepak Bahry (Uncle) (Director)
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Dimpled smile
- Short stature
Divya Dutta Facts
- She was just 7 years old when her father passed away and she and her brother were then raised by their mother.
- She has shared a deep bond with her mother and has described her as “fearless and professional” and a “fun mom at home”.
- Divya Dutta worked alongside Shah Rukh Khan, Preity Zinta, and Rani Mukerji in the 2004 period romantic drama film, Veer-Zaara. She appeared as Shabana “Shabbo” Ibrahim, Zaara’s friend, and this role got her nominated for the Filmfare Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- For her role as Jalebi in the 2009 musical drama film, Delhi-6, she won the IIFA Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- In 2013, she brought to life the character of Isri Kaur, Milkha’s elder sister, in the biographical sports drama film, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag, based on the life of Milkha Singh (a.k.a. The Flying Sikh).
- She played the role of Ramandeep Braitch, CM- Paddy’s mistress, in the 2017 thriller film, Irada, in which she co-starred alongside Naseeruddin Shah, Arshad Warsi, Sharad Kelkar, and Sagarika Ghatge. For this role, Divya Dutta won the National Film Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- Her memoir, Me and Ma, was published on February 10, 2017, and it celebrates her relationship with her mother who fought all odds to raise her children.
- In 2020, she started appearing as Sadia Qureshi in the espionage thriller series, Special OPS, which starred Kay Kay Menon.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / BollywoodHungama.com / CC BY 3.0