|Arshad Warsi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 19, 1968|
Arshad Warsi is an Indian actor, producer, dancer, television personality, choreographer, and playback singer who has appeared mainly in Hindi films. He started his career as an assistant director to Mahesh Bhatt in Kaash (1987) and was later cast in films such as Munna Bhai M.B.B.S., Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Golmaal: Fun Unlimited, Golmaal Returns, Golmaal 3, Golmaal Again, Sehar, Dhamaal, Jolly LLB, Double Dhamaal, Salaam Namaste, Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya?, F.A.L.T.U, Total Dhamaal, Ishqiya, Krazzy 4, Guddu Rangeela, Dedh Ishqiya, Kabul Express, Hulchul, and The Legend of Michael Mishra. Widely regarded by many as one of the most underrated actors in the Hindi film industry, Arshad Warsi has received several accolades throughout his career, including a Filmfare Award for “Best Performance in a Comic Role”, IIFA Award for “Best Supporting Actor”, Zee Cine Award for “Best Actor in a Comic Role”, and Screen Award for “Best Supporting Actor” for his performance in the 2006 comedy-drama film Lage Raho Munna Bhai.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Arshad Warsi studied at Barnes School, a boarding school in Deolali, Nashik district, Maharashtra. He was in 10th grade when he left school.
Moreover, he was a national-level gymnast during his school years.
Actor, Producer, Dancer, Television Personality, Choreographer, Playback Singer
- Father – Ashiq Hussain Warsi (Musician, Singer, Poet)
- Others – Anwar Hussain (Older Paternal Half-Brother) (Playback Singer), Asha Sachdev (Older Paternal Half-Sister) (Character Actor)
His net worth had been $40 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Arshad Warsi has dated –
- Pooja Bhatt – He was once engaged to Pooja Bhatt.
- Anjali Jathar – In 1993, he got engaged to actress Anjali Jathar but they later parted ways.
- Maria Goretti (1999-Present) – On February 14, 1999, he got married to MTV VJ Maria Goretti and they have been blessed with 2 children – a son named Zeke Warsi (b. August 10, 2004) and a daughter named Zene Zoe Warsi (b. May 2, 2007). Both the kids made a special appearance in Salaam Namaste in 2005.
Race / Ethnicity
- Short stature
- Wears glasses
- Pierced ears
Arshad Warsi appeared in a TV commercial for Pepsi with Amitabh Bachchan in 2009.
Arshad Warsi Facts
- He was 14 years old when he was orphaned.
- Co-starring alongside Boman Irani, Amrita Rao, and Saurabh Shukla, Arshad Warsi played Advocate Jagdish Tyagi a.k.a. Jolly in the 2013 Hindi-language black comedy film titled Jolly LLB. This role won him the BIG Star Entertainment Award for “Most Entertaining Actor in a Comedy Film (Male)”, IIFA Award for “Best Performance in a Comic Role”, and Apsara Film Producers Guild Award for “Best Performance in a Comic Role”.
- Talking about Arshad Warsi’s acting talent, Naseeruddin Shah once said that: “He is easily the best all-around actor in this generation”, while Vidya Balan said of Warsi: “He reminds me of the great European actors who can fit into any role. But he is completely under-utilized”.
- Warsi considers himself a better serious actor than a comic one.
- He is an avid biker.
- In 2023, he and his wife Maria were banned from the Indian stock market after they were found making financial gains from a share pump-and-dump scheme with YouTubers. A total of 45 persons including himself were banned. Arshad made a profit of INR 29.43 lakh while his wife Maria earned INR 37.56 lakh. Later, in March 2023, the actor and his wife Maria got relief from SAT (The Securities and Appellate Tribunal) as they didn’t find any evidence of them being a part of the share pump-and-dump scheme.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0