|Amrita Rao Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 7, 1981|
Amrita Rao is an Indian film actress and model. She is best known for her portrayal of Payal in the Indian coming-of-age romance film, Ishq Vishk, in 2003, playing the role of Sanjana Bakshi in action comedy film Main Hoon Na in 2004, and portraying Poonam in romantic drama Vivah in 2006. Due to her decent looks, she has acquired the image of the girl next door in the Bollywood film industry.
Amrita Deepak Rao
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Amrita Rao attended the Canossa Convent Girls School in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Father – Deepak Rao
- Mother – Kanchan Rao
- Siblings – Preetika Rao (Sister)
Amrita is represented by Divya Bali.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amrita has dated –
- Shahid Kapoor (2003; 2006) – Amrita was rumored to be dating her Ishq Vishk co-star Shahid Kapoor in 2003 and again while they were shooting for Vivah in 2006 but she has always denied the claims saying that they are nothing more than good friends.
- Harman Baweja (2008) – Amrita was said to be dating Indian actor Harman Baweja in 2008.
- Anmol Sood (2009-Present) – The actress has always remained silent about her relationships. She attracted a lot of media attention when she secretly married her boyfriend of 7 years, Anmol Sood, a Radio Jockey, on May 15, 2016, in Mumbai. In October 2020, she revealed that she was pregnant with the couple’s first child. In November 2020, the couple welcomed their first child together, a son named Veer.
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin eyebrows
- Pointed chin
Amrita has done endorsement work for –
- Hindustan Lever’s
- Nikhaar Soap
- Bru Coffee
- Wrigley Chewing Gum
- Anne French
- Fena Detergent
- Jolen Bleach
- 3 Roses Tea
- Johnson & Johnson
- Clean & Clear Face Wash
- Proctor & Gamble
- Cadbury’s Perk
- Parachute Jasmine
- Domino’s Pizza
- HMT Watches
- Allukas Jewellery
- Allapet Jewellery
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Payal in the Indian coming-of-age romance film, Ishq Vishk in 2003
- Portraying the role of Sanjana Bakshi in Indian action comedy film Main Hoon Na in 2004
- Playing the role of Poonam in Indian romantic drama Vivah in 2006
Amrita made her theatrical film debut in the Bollywood romance film, Ab Ke Baras, as Anjali Thapar in 2002.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as a judge of Indian TV reality show, Perfect Bride, in 2009.
Amrita was practicing kickboxing and aerobics in 2009. She even hired the fitness trainer of the famous Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan for the same.
Her diet included fruits and boiled vegetables as she needed to look fit.
Amrita Rao Favorite Things
Source – YouTube
Amrita Rao Facts
- She appeared in several TV commercials when she was in college.
- She made her first public appearance in the music video Woh Pyar Mera.
- For her first film Ab Ke Baras, she got nominated for the Filmfare “Best Female Debut” award in the year 2003 and also got a positive response from the film critics for her dancing and acting skills.
- She has won several awards such as the IIFA Award for “Star Debut Of The Year”.
- She got her first big break in the Indian action-comedy film Main Hoon Na in 2004, for which she was nominated for the Filmfare “Best Supporting Actress” award nomination.
- M. F. Husain, one of the most famous Indian artists once said that after Madhuri Dixit the face that had excited him was Amrita’s and she takes it as one of the best memories of her life.
- After the 2006 romantic drama film Vivah, Amrita took to the girl next door image and in an interview, she said that it was the best acclamation for her.
- In an interview with Zoom, she revealed that had she not been an actress, she would go into the field of Media Marketing.
- She comes from the Konkani speaking family.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0