|Ben McKee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 7, 1985|
Ben McKee is an American musician, songwriter, and record producer who has been the bassist for the pop-rock band from Las Vegas named Imagine Dragons, having come to the limelight with the release of the group’s album Night Visions (2012) that had singles like It’s Time and Radioactive, had peaked at the number 2 position on the Billboard 200 chart, and had bagged the Billboard Music Award for “Best Rock Album” in 2014.
Benjamin Arthur McKee
Forestville, California, United States
He went to El Molino High School. He then attended Santa Rosa Junior College and Berklee College of Music in Boston in Massachusetts.
Musician, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Siblings – Julia (Younger Sister)
He is represented by MBC PR and Reynolds Management.
Alternative Rock, Indie Rock, Pop Rock, Indie Pop, Electropop
Bass, Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Synthesizers, Guitar, Percussion
- Interscope Records
5 ft 6.5 in or 169 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Irish, German, and Scottish descent.
He often tends to dye his hair in different shades.
- Heavily tattooed body
- Sharp nose
- Cheerful smile
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Chiquita.
Ben McKee Favorite Things
- Food – Spicy dishes
- Hobby – Knitting
- Snacks – Taco, Chocolate chip cookies that he has claimed to have baked successfully
- Passion – Doing volunteer work for organizations like East Bay SPCA
- Track From The Records Made By His Band – Whatever It Takes from the album Evolve (2017) as he has considered it to be the song that has really driven the album and also as he has found it to be the most energetic when played live during which he has played the guitar
Ben McKee Facts
- He hails from the small town of Forestville in California.
- He had grown up playing acoustic guitar and violin and had then picked up acoustic bass when he was in the 5th grade. When he was in high school, he had carried on learning bass guitar as a member of a jazz trio that had influenced his decision to go to the Berklee College of Music. While at the music college, he had participated in a guitar performance ensemble in which his future bandmates from Imagine Dragons, Wayne Sermon, and Daniel Platzman, had also performed. He had eventually dropped out of the institution with only 1 semester left when he was invited by Wayne to join the band.
- McKee has regularly taken part in competitions on spicy food competitions and won them.
- He has revealed that his songwriting process has involved working collaboratively, with it usually having begun with an idea that one of his bandmates has worked out on the computer, after which it is brought into a group setting and turned into something that is fitting for the band.
- He has stated that when he has gone to different countries to perform, he has had a lot of fun just walking around and exploring new places. Recalling his tour with his band in Singapore, he has disclosed that he along with his bandmates had visited the Botanical Gardens and it was an amazing experience.
Featured Image by Ben McKee / Instagram