|Persia White Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1972|
Persia White is an American actress, singer, and musician who is best known for portraying roles such as Denise Williams in Breaker High, Lynn Searcy in Girlfriends, and Abby Bennett Wilson in The Vampire Diaries. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Blood Dolls, Earthlings, Dysfunctional Friends, Black November, NYPD Blue, Weird Science, Saved by the Bell: The New Class, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Brooklyn South, Clueless, Black-ish, and many more. As a singer, she has released albums such as Mecca. For her acting skills, Persia has been nominated for numerous awards such as the ALMA Award.
Miami, Florida, United States
Actress and singer
- Father – When she was 3 years old, her father was paralyzed due to a car accident.
- Mother – Was writer, school teacher, and civil rights activist
- Siblings – She has 3 siblings.
Persia White is represented by
- Greater Vision Artists Talent Agency
- Robyn Bluestone Management
Alternative, trip-hop, metal, heavy rock
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Persia White has dated –
- Saul Williams (2003-2009) – Persia started dating singer Saul Williams in 2003. They had first met when he made a guest appearance in her TV series, Girlfriends. They had a steady relationship and Saul particularly looked after her daughter Mecca, who was born in 1995 from her previous relationship with an unidentified man. So, it wasn’t a surprise when they got engaged in February 2008. However, it certainly was a surprise when she took to her Myspace account in January 2009 to announce that they have decided to go separate ways after being together for nearly 6 years.
- Joseph Morgan (2011-Present) – Persia first met actor Joseph Morgan in 2011 while they were working in the third season of the series, The Vampire Diaries. Joseph was one of the main characters and Persia had joined for a guest recurring role. The speculation about them being together had been there for some months before they confirmed their relationship. The first confirmation of sorts came in August 2012 after they walked the red carpet together at the Monte Carlo Film Festival. Soon after, they were spotted holding hands during an outing. However, the confirmation didn’t come until the eve of the 2014 New Year as Morgan took to his Twitter account to announce their courtship. Just some days before his 33rd birthday in May 2014, he proposed to Persia. About two months later, they got married in a romantic wedding ceremony held in Jamaica.
Race / Ethnicity
On her mother’s side, she is of Irish descent, whereas on her father’s side, she has African American and Puerto Rican ancestry.
- Numerous body tattoos
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Best Known For
- Being cast as Lynn Searcy in the drama-comedy series, Girlfriends.
- Having made guest appearances in popular TV series such as The Vampire Diaries and Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
As a Singer
In October 2009, she released her debut studio album, Mecca.
She was also a part of the music band, Black in White. The band has created and recorded music score for three movies. They also performed at live events.
She has also been a member of the heavy metal and industrial rock band, XEO3.
In 1994, she made her film debut in the basketball-based movie, Blue Chips. Her role is uncredited.
First TV Show
In 1996, she guest appeared in the ABC police drama series, NYPD Blue as Margie.
Persia keeps her body and health in perfect condition by watching her diet. Being a vegan, she tries to consume as much plant protein such as whole grains and legumes as possible. Also, she focuses on eating nutrient-dense food such as green vegetables.
Plus, she ensures that she keeps oil and processed food off her table. In case, she is having a hard time battling sweet cravings, she reaches out for vegan cookies.
Persia White Facts
- She got her breakthrough while she was studying in high school after she was signed up by Ford Agency. Soon after, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career.
- Persia is a keen animal rights activist and environmentalist. She has done extensive work for the animal rights group PETA, including being featured in the anti-fur campaign for the brand.
- In 2005, in recognition of her charity and activism work, she was named Humanitarian of the Year by PETA.
- Persia has been inducted into the board of members of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, which is a nonprofit organization working to conserve marine life.
- She has produced the environmental documentary, Earthlings, which won some prestigious awards.
- She has co-founded Echoed Images, which is a production company focused on creating environmentally conscious media that could change the world.
- She took ballet training in her early childhood and by the age of 9 had realized that she wanted to become an actress.
- As a young girl, she was discovered in Miami while walking with her mother by a talent scout working for Coconut Grove Children’s Theater.
- Persia’s creative talent goes beyond acting and singing. She can play multiple musical instruments and is an adept painter as well.
- There have been rumors claiming that Persia is a member of the Church of Scientology. She has taken to Twitter to refute such rumors.
- She is one of the board members of The Humane Society of the United States, which is an American charity foundation known for its ceaseless activism for animal rights.
- She is a big fan of tattoos and has got more than a dozen tattoos. She has got a tattoo o a cross on her spine and has got tribal art tattooed on side of her right thigh and around her lower back.