|Badshah Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1985|
Badshah has contributed his vocals towards Hindi, Haryanvi, and Punjabi songs. He commenced his career in 2006 when he became the part of rap group Mafia Mundeer. Yo Yo Honey Singh was also a part of the band. They split after 6 years of working together in 2012.
His own first song was “DJ Waley Babu” released in mid 2010s.
Aditya Prateek Singh Sisodia
New Delhi, India
Badshah went to the Bal Bharati Public School in Pitampura, Delhi. After the completion of his school education, he got enrolled at the PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh. He aimed to study civil engineering in the university. However, he dropped out to pursue a career as a rapper.
Rapper, Music Producer, Music Composer, Lyricist
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Aparajita Singh (Sister)
Bhangra, Desi Hip Hop, World, Bollywood
- Sony Music Entertainment
- MTV India
- Times Music
- Zee Music Company
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Badshah has dated –
- Jasmine – Badshah is married to Jasmine. They got married in 2012. In January 2017, his wife gave birth to their daughter named Jessemy Grace Masih Singh. The birth of their daughter was announced by his close friend and fellow rapper Raftaar in an Instagram post.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Haryanvi ancestry and on his mother’s side, he is of Punjabi descent.
- Large and imposing body
- Often has a slight beard
- Often wears sunglasses
- Loves flaunting gold jewelry
Badshah has appeared in a commercial for Yamaha Cygnus in 2016.
He also gave his voice for a song recorded for Bingo Mad Angles commercial, which was specially created for 9X Tashan channel.
Best Known For
- Having collaborated with some of the most popular music artists such as Diljit Dosanjh, Gippy Grewal, Yo Yo Honey Singh, and Raftaar.
- The popularity of his singles such as Proper Patola, Wakhra Swag, and DJ Waley Babu.
As a Singer
Badshah has collaborated with numerous artists to release several singles. He didn’t release his first solo single until 2017. His first solo single was Trippy Trippy, which was featured in the movie Bhoomi.
Badshah Favorite Things
- Actor – Shahrukh Khan
- Music Inspirations – Pharrell Williams, Timberlake, Dr. Dre, Drake, J. Cole, Raxstar, and Honey Singh
- Subject – Mathematics
- Backstreet Boys Track – Get Down
- Rappers – Naezy, Sikander Kahlon, Raftaar, Kendrick Lamar, Drake
- Place – London, Hong Kong, New Zealand
Source – Times of India, Scoop Whoop, Hindustan Times, MSN
- He has launched his exclusive clothing line under the label of BadFit.
- Badshah decided to adopt Badshah as his stage name as he was a big Shahrukh Khan fan. Also, because he loved to live his life like a Badshah.
- When he initially decided to drop studies and focus on a rap career, his parents weren’t very happy with his decision.
- The idea to write his hit single Proper Patola came to his mind when his wife was teaching him some local London slangs.
- He had first written Proper Patola keeping Garry Sandhu in his mind. However, Garry was too busy with other projects. Diljit Dosanjh heard Proper Patola playing in Badshah’s car and was immediately hooked.
- His feud with fellow music producer and rapper Honey Singh was quite in news. However, they used to be very good friends before they started feuding.
- If he hadn’t become a rapper, he would have loved to become an IAS officer.
- He got exposed to the Punjabi music while he was studying at PEC University and while studying there, he got into rapping.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+.
Featured Image by Badshah / Instagram