|Sudhir Chaudhary Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||June 18, 1974|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Sudhir Chaudhary is an Indian journalist, news anchor, and editor who has served as the editor-in-chief and CEO of Zee News, WION, Zee Business, and Zee 24 Taas as well as has hosted the prime-time show Daily News & Analysis (DNA) on Zee News. In addition to that, he has been appointed as a consulting editor at the Hindi news channel Aaj Tak. Sudhir Chaudhary has also hosted the show Black & White (B & W).
Hodal, Haryana, India
Sudhir Chaudhary attended the Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC), an Indian media center of learning and civil service training institute for the Indian Information Service Cadre funded and promoted by the Government of India in New Delhi. He received a degree in journalism.
Journalist, News Anchor, Editor
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sudhir Chaudhary has dated –
- Niti Chaudhary – He is married to Niti Chaudhary and they have a son.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Sudhir Chaudhary Facts
- He started working in the television news industry in the 1990s.
- He played a key role in the launch of Sahara Samay (the Hindi-language news channel of the Sahara group).
- Along with his colleague Sameer Ahluwalia, Sudhir Chaudhary was arrested on charges of extortion in November 2012. The arrest was made after businessperson Naveen Jindal alleged that Sudhir and Sameer had tried to extort ₹100 Crore worth of advertisements from his company in exchange for dropping stories that linked the Jindal Group with the Coalgate scam. Subsequently, they were sent to 14-day judicial custody in Tihar Jail and were later released on bail. Following the incident, the Broadcast Editors’ Association suspended Sudhir Chaudhary as its treasurer stating that the journalist had acted in a manner prejudicial to the interests and objectives of the Association.
- In 2013, Sudhir Chaudhary became a recipient of the Ramnath Goenka Award for Excellence in Journalism in the “Hindi broadcast” category. He received the honor for his interview with the friend of the Delhi December 16 gang-rape victim.
- His security was upgraded to X-category security in 2015 after allegations surfaced that someone had threatened to murder him.
- In 2019, he accused Trinamool MP Mahua Moitra of plagiarising the speech of Truman Longman. Both Moitra and Longman denied the claims and Mahua Moitra went on to file a criminal defamation case against Sudhir Chaudhary. After that, he accepted that only a part of Moitra’s speech was broadcast and expressed his regrets on his daily prime-time show.
- It was claimed by Zee News in 2020 that China had been monitoring the journalist.
- According to the international news television network Al Jazeera, Sudhir Chaudhary openly accused Muslims of impeding India’s coronavirus war on April 10, 2020, on Zee News as he stated on his show DNA that the “Tablighi Jamaat betrayed the nation.”
- Kerala Police filed a first information report against him in May 2020 for Chaudhary’s March 11 broadcast of DNA in which he discussed the “types of jihads”. It was criticized for its Islamophobic nature.
- Sudhir Chaudhary made subtle wrongful claims against Muslims for destroying a temple in Uttar Pradesh’s Bulandshahr on June 2, 2023. It was later reported that the claims were false as UP police arrested the 4 Hindu men in the case. Following this incident, he stated that “Progressive Hindus” have “defamed their own religion” and said that these are the “same progressive Hindus who like to be identified as secular”.
Featured Image by Abhay Shukla Journalist / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0