|Mahua Moitra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||October 12, 1974|
Mahua Moitra is an Indian politician who has won plaudits for her fiery speeches since being elected as a Member of Parliament in 2019. She belongs to the political party, All India Trinamool Congress.
Labac, Cachar, Assam, India
After her primary schooling in Kolkata, Mahua attended the Mount Holyoke College South Hadley in Massachusetts, United States. She graduated in 1998 with a degree in Economics and Mathematics.
- Father – Dwipendra Lal Moitra
- Mother – Manjoo Moitra
- Siblings – She has a sister.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
61 kg or 134.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mahua has dated –
- Lars Brorson – She was previously married to a Danish financier named Lars Brorson.
Race / Ethnicity
- She wears a bindi.
- Delivers rousing and evocative speeches
Mahua Moitra Favorite Things
- Pastime – Running, Cooking, Reading
Source – LokSabhaPh.nic.in
Mahua Moitra Facts
- She previously worked as an investment banker for JPMorgan Chase in London and New York City.
- Mahua started her political career as a member of the India Youth Congress in 2008. She worked closely with Rahul Gandhi on the project ‘Aam Admi Ka Sipahi’.
- She has a rottweiler pet dog named Henry.
- Mahua graced the cover of Harper’s Bazaar India in 2021.
- She courted controversy in July 2022 by stating that ‘Goddess Kali is a meat-eating and alcohol-accepting goddess’. Subsequently, her own party distanced itself from her contentious remarks.
- Mahua became a national hero after delivering a scintillating speech outlining the 7 signs of fascism and bravely calling out the Narendra Modi-led government during her maiden Lok Sabha speech in Parliament in June 2019.
- In 2015, she famously gave the middle finger to Arnab Goswami on-air during a heated debate after being exasperated with him for repeatedly talking over her on his show, The Newshour.
Featured Image by Tristanvicoaiu / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0