|Kangana Ranaut Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¼ in|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kangana Ranaut is an Indian actress, director, producer, and writer who has given a variety of critically acclaimed performances in movies such as Simran in Gangster, Shonali Gujral in Fashion, Rani Mehra in Queen, Rani Laxmibai in Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kusum “Datto” Sangwan/Tanuja “Tanu” Trivedi in Tanu Weds Manu Returns, Julia in Rangoon, Bobby Grewal in Judgementall Hai Kya, Jaya Nigam in Panga, and Kaya in Krrish 3. Over the years, she has also been a recipient of several accolades and received the Padma Shri, the country’s 4th-highest civilian award, from the Government of India in 2020.
Bhambla, Mandi District, Himachal Pradesh, India
She divides her time between her residences in –
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Kangana Ranaut went to the DAV School in Chandigarh. She had taken science as the core subject with the aim to get admission to a medical institute after high school graduation. However, after she failed in chemistry in a unit test in the 12th class, she decided against going for a career in the medical field.
She honed her acting skills under the tutelage of Arvind Gaur, the theater director of Asmita Theatre Group. In 2009, she started taking Kathak dance classes from Nateshwar Nritya Kala Mandir.
In 2014, she took a two-month screenplay writing course from the New York Film Academy.
Actress, Director, Producer, Writer
- Father – Amardeep Ranaut (Businessman)
- Mother – Asha Ranaut (School Teacher)
- Siblings – Rangoli Chandel (Older Sister) (Works as Kangana’s Manager), Akshat Ranaut (Younger Brother)
- Others – Sarju Singh Ranaut (Great Grandfather) (Member of the Legislative Assembly)
Kangana Ranaut is managed by her sister Rangoli Ranaut.
5 ft 5¼ in or 165.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kangana Ranaut has dated –
- Aditya Pancholi (2004-2008) – Kangana first met actor Aditya Pancholi in June 2004 while he was supervising the construction of a building. Apparently, they had a mutual friend, who had asked Aditya to take care of her when she came to Mumbai. After that, she called him persistently until he agreed to meet her again. Soon after, he had fallen in love with her. But the relationship wasn’t made public and Kangana would call Aditya and his wife Zarina Wahab her family away from home. With the nature of Aditya and Kangana’s relationship constantly under speculation, it created quite a scandal. They eventually owned up to living together. By the end of their relationship, Kangana accused him of assaulting her. In return, he contended that she was cheating on him, which forced him to act out.
- Adhyayan Suman (2008-2009) – Kangana started going out with actor Adhyayan Suman after they had grown close during the shooting of the song O Jaana from Raaz 2. They made their relationship public about a month after they had started dating. Adhyayan later claimed that he was forced by Kangana to make their relationship public. Further, he claimed that Kangana had regularly abused and physically assaulted him while they were dating, and dabbled Suman in black magic.
- Kintaro Mori (2009) – Kangana started going out with singer Kintaro Mori in 2009. She met Kintaro through his sister Barbara Mori, who was her co-star in Kites. Kintaro was reported to be the final blow to Adhyayan and Kangana’s relationship. Their relationship became public after they were pictured getting cozy at Hrithik’s birthday bash.
- Kunal Deshmukh (2009) – Kangana was linked with film director Kunal Deshmukh towards the end of 2009. She had even reportedly bought gifts for him from her trip to Italy.
- Dino Morea (2010) – Kangana was reported to be going with actor Dino Morea after they were pictured sharing a passionate kiss at the second wedding anniversary party of Sanjay Dutt and Manyata.
- Ajay Devgan (2010) – In 2010, after appearing together in Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai, the actors Kangana and Ajay Devgan were RUMORed to have hooked up together.
- Hrithik Roshan (2013-2014) – Kangana started going out with actor Hrithik Roshan in 2013. They had fallen in love while working in the action movie, Krrish 3. Their relationship came to end in 2014. They were later embroiled in a bitter legal battle as Hrithik accused her of fabricating their relationship, whereas they never had any romantic equation. She accused him of trying to bury their relationship due to his divorce proceeding and to preserve his clean image.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Himachali descent.
- Curly hair
- Shrill voice
34-24-35 in or 86-61-89 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Kangana Ranaut has done commercials for –
- BoroPlus antiseptic cream (alongside Amitabh Bachchan)
- Tata Sky
- Swacch Bharat Abhiyan
She has also appeared in print ads for Levi’s jeans, Marc Jacobs Sunglasses, and Tanishq Jewelry.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role in the comedy-drama movie, Tanu weds Manu film series
- Playing the critically acclaimed role of Rani Mehra in the 2014 drama movie, Queen
Ranaut made her film debut in the role of Simran in the 2006 crime romantic film Gangster.
First TV Show
In 2010, Kangana was seen on the talk show Koffee with Karan as a guest. She was accompanied by Sanjay Dutt and Anil Kapoor.
Kangana Ranaut works with Leena Mogre to perfect her svelte figure. She hits the gym 5 days a week and trains for about one to two hours. She has Tuesday reserved for an intense kickboxing workout and on Friday, she indulges in a power yoga session, which is followed by meditation for 10 minutes.
She has revealed that incorporating yoga in her fitness regime has helped her improve flexibility and mental focus.
For the strength training workouts, her trainer incorporates principles of circuit training to ensure that she gets good cardio while working on her strength.
When it comes to dietary intake, she focuses on eating small meals every 2 hours. She also makes sure that she is hydrated and guzzles around 10 to 12 glasses of water in the day.
Her typical diet plan is like –
- Breakfast – Porridge and cereals
- Lunch – Boiled vegetables, dal, rice, 2 chapattis, and fresh salad
- Dinner – Soup, boiled vegetables or a salad
- Snacks – Fresh fruits and brown bread
Kangana Ranaut Favorite Things
- Food – Dal, rice, and vegetable
- Beverage – Coffee and red wine
- Cuisine – Italian food
- City – Florence
- Restaurant – Kong Poush
- Idol – Sridevi
- Hair Products – Fabindia Shampoos
Kangana Ranaut Facts
- Despite being an actress, she is not a big fan of watching films and TV shows. In one of her interviews, she had claimed that she has watched only 10 movies, which is something hard to believe.
- In 2007, the digital Bollyspice magazine placed Kangana on the #3 spot on the list of “Top 10 Actresses of 2006”.
- In 2013, she was declared India’s hottest vegetarian by the animal rights organization PETA after conducting a poll.
- In 2007, she registered a police complaint against the actor and her then-boyfriend Aditya Pancholi stating that he has assaulted her while under the influence of alcohol.
- Despite eating nonvegetarian food while growing up, she later turned vegan. She revealed that dairy products were causing acidity. Giving up on meat has made her emotionally and physically strong.
- In 2016, Hrithik Roshan filed a police complaint against Kangana claiming that she had been cyberstalking him and had harassed him.
- In 2015, she collaborated with fashion house Vero Moda to launch her clothing line, Marquee. She followed it up with Venice Cruise in 2016.
- Soon after the demise of actor Sushant Singh Rajput by alleged suicide on June 14, 2020, she brought back the conversation of nepotism and favoritism plaguing the Indian film industry and accused the “movie mafia” for Rajput’s death during an interview with the notorious Republic TV editor-in-chief Arnab Goswami.
- She has attacked many celebrities like Deepika Padukone, Swara Bhaskar, Taapsee Pannu, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Alia Bhatt, Karan Johar, Sonam Kapoor, and Mahesh Bhatt with her insider-outsider debate. However, what is to be noted is the fact that some of the celebrities that Kangana has spoken against in her nepotism debates are outsiders themselves.
- After the then-President of the United States, Donald Trump‘s Twitter account was suspended in January 2021, Kangana did support Donald and said that Twitter was being controlled by Islamist nations and Chinese propaganda.
- In 2021, Kangana gifted flats worth INR 4 crore to her sister Rangoli, brother Akshat, and 2 cousins in Chandigarh.
- In May 2021, Kangana’s Twitter account was permanently suspended after her controversial tweet. In 2020, her sister Rangoli’s Twitter account was also suspended.
- In May 2021, it was revealed that she had been tested positive for COVID-19.
- In June 2021, Kangana’s passport renewal application was rejected because of an active FIR registered against her by Mumbai Police for the comments she had made on Twitter in October 2020.
- In October 2021, Kangana was made the brand ambassador of UP’s “One District-One Product”.
- In 2021, Kangana was gifted a coin from Uttar Pradesh’s CM Yogi Adityanath which was used in Ram Mandir Bhumi Pujan.
- For her appearance in the 2021 biographical film Thalaivii, Kangana had gained 20 kgs of weight in 6 months and then lost it back in the next 6 months. She got permanent stretch marks due to this.
- When Kangana was 6, she was physically assaulted by a boy of nearly 9 to 10 years of age. He would call Kangana and the other kids, tell them to strip, and then he would check all the kids.
- In 2022, Kangana purchased a Mercedes Maybach S680 4MATIC worth INR 3.2 crore (ex-showroom). At the time, it was the most expensive Maybach in India and was imported by the company. With this, she became the first Indian to buy a Mercedes Maybach S680.
- In June 2022, Kangana shared pictures of her new home in Manali, Himachal Pradesh which was an extension of her existing home. This extension house was built using river stone, local slates, and wood.
- In August 2022, she was looking to sue Filmfare magazine for inviting her to the award function. According to Kangana, they had nominated her in the ‘Best Actress’ category for the movie Thalaivi (2021). However, the magazine denied such a nomination. They had only invited her to the award function. However, the magazine took the invitation back after Kangana’s such behavior.
- In February 2023, Kangana revealed that she was being spied on by someone from the film industry. Kangana claimed that he and his wife had leaked her WhatsApp chats. He even once visited Kangana’s house without invitation and tried to force himself on her.
- In February 2023, she was asked by a Twitter user to pick her favorite actor between Hrithik Roshan and Diljit Dosanjh. Ranaut replied that she never saw any of them act because as per her, Roshan does action and Dosanjh makes song videos.
- In October 2023, shows of Kangana’s film Tejas were canceled after zero ticket sales in the first week of its release.