|Sonam Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||June 9, 1985|
Sonam Anil Kapoor
Chembur Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Sonam attended Arya Vidya Mandir school in Juhu and then enrolled in the United World College of South East Asia to do her International Baccalaureate. She also studied Political Science and Economics from the University of East London.
- Father – Anil Kapoor (Actor, Film and TV Show Producer)
- Mother – Sunita Bhavnani (Former Model and Designer)
- Siblings – Rhea Kapoor (Younger Sister) (Film Producer), Harshvardhan Kapoor (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Sanjay Kapoor (Uncle) (Actor), Surinder Kapoor (Paternal Grandfather) (Film Producer), Nirmal Kapoor (Paternal Grandmother), Ranveer Singh (Maternal Second Cousin) (Actor), Boney Kapoor (Uncle) (Film Producer), Sridevi (Aunt; Died in 2018) (Actress), Mona Shourie (Aunt) (Film Producer), Reena Marwah (Aunt), Janhvi Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Actress), Khushi Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Actress), Arjun Kapoor (Paternal Cousin) (Actor), Anshula Kapoor (Paternal Cousin), Mohit Marwah (Paternal Cousin) (Actor)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
57 kg or 126 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sonam Kapoor has dated –
- Ranbir Kapoor – Actor Ranbir Kapoor was reported to be dating with Sonam during the filming of both Sonam and Ranbir’s debut film in 2007. But, they both denied this fact.
- Punit Malhotra – Later in 2010, she was seen dating with “I Hate Luv Storys” director Punit Malhotra. They again denied this fact but were continued to be seen.
- Anand Ahuja (2014-Present) – Sonam started dating the entrepreneur, Anand Ahuja long time back. They kept their dating affair a secret. It became public knowledge when the duo announced about their marriage plans in early 2018. Anand is the owner of clothing brand Bhane.com and co-founder of VegNonVeg.com, which is India’s multi-brand sneaker store. He also looks after his family business, Shahi Exports which had an annual turnover of $450 million as reported in 2018. The duo got married in May 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Bold Personality
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
Best Known For
Acting in movies like Delhi-6, Saawariya and I Hate Luv Storys.
2007 Hindi film Saawariya for her role as Sakina. She was nominated for the Filmfare award for the best female debut.
First TV Show
She has not done any TV show. But, has come to TV only via talk show. In 2010, she appeared on Koffee With Karan with actress Deepika Padukone.
Sonam did a lot of exercises to get back in shape. She was around 80 kg when offered a role in Saawariya. She gives all the credit to her mom for making her lose weight. Her mom, Sunita made a strict diet plan for her loving daughter Sonam. No, she mainly takes low carbohydrate and high protein diet. She takes 5 meals a day. It is like
Breakfast – Oatmeal and fruits
Noon snack – Brown bread with egg whites and protein shake
Lunch – Dal, vegetables, roti, and grilled chicken or fish
Evening Snack – Brown bread with egg whites
Dinner – Soup, salad, grilled chicken or fish
For hunger pangs, she keeps with her some fruits.
Sonam Kapoor Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Chaat
- Favorite Book – Emma (By Jane Austen published in 1815), Atlas Shrugged (By Ayn Rand published in 1957)
- Favorite Movies – Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Virasat (1997), Lamhe (1991), Pukar (2000), Devdas (2002), Titanic (1997)
- Favorite Actor – Anil Kapoor
- Favorite Actress – Sridevi, Rani Mukherjee, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol
- Favorite Director – Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Favorite Songs – Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye, Raat Kali Ek Khwab Mein Aaye
- Favorite Band – Red Hot Chilli Peppers
- Favorite Brands – Chanel, Jean-Paul Gaultier, and Dior
Sonam Kapoor Facts
- Sonam is a well-trained classical dancer.
- Sonam Kapoor worked as assistant director for the movie Black (2005) directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Sonam Kapoor used to weigh around 90 kgs before her first film Saawariya.
- Sonam Kapoor wanted to be a director and writer. But, Bhansali showed much interest in launching Sonam in his film (Saawariya) as an actress.
- She enjoys reading, shopping, writing, playing squash and basketball, video games, and painting.
- She can speak Hindi, English, Punjabi, Urdu, Sindhi, and Marathi.
- In 2012, she won Cosmopolitan Award for fun fearless female best dressed.
- She has 2 siblings, both younger – Rhea Kapoor (sister) and Harshvardhan Kapoor (Brother)
- Her first box office hit was “I Hate Luv Storys” in 2010, which earned around ₹40 crores (US$ 7.24 million).