|Supriya Pathak Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||January 7, 1961|
Supriya Pathak is an Indian actor who has mainly worked in Gujarati and Hindi films and television. She is best known for playing the role of Hansa Parekh in the Khichdi franchise. Over the years, Supriya Pathak has appeared in many shows such as Mere Sai – Shraddha Aur Saburi, Idhar Udhar, Tu Mere Agal Bagal Hai, Katha Sagar, Alaxmi Ka Super Parivaar, Naya Office Office, Baa Bahoo Aur Baby, Jaane Kya Hoga Rama Re, and Chhanchhan. Moreover, her film credits include Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela, Delhi 6, Khichdi: The Movie, Wake Up Sid, Sarkar, Jai Mummy Di, Shanghai, Bobby Jasoos, Dharm Aur Qanoon, Mirch Masala, Kalyug, Dilwaala, Kamla Ki Maut, All Is Well, Tigers, Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon, Carry On Kesar, Love per Square Foot, Gaddalakonda Ganesh, Aravindha Sametha Veera Raghava, Ramprasad Ki Tehrvi, Mimi, The Big Bull, and Rashmi Rocket.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Supriya Pathak studied at J. B. Vachha High School and then earned a bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, specializing in Bharatanatyam, from the Nalanda Dance Research Centre, University of Mumbai.
- Father – Baldev Pathak (Tailor)
- Mother – Dina Pathak (Actor, Director)
- Siblings – Ratna Pathak (Older Sister) (Actor, Theatre Artist, Voice Actor, Director)
- Others – Naseeruddin Shah (Brother-In-Law) (Actor, Director, Stage Artist), Sanjeev Gandhi (Cousin), Tarla Mehta (Maternal Aunt) (Actor), Imaad Shah (Nephew) (Actor, Musician, Lyricist), Vivaan Shah (Nephew) (Actor)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Supriya Pathak has dated –
- She was 22 years old when she got married for the first time. However, the couple separated within a year.
- Shekhar Suman
- K. Shashilal Nair
- Mainak Trivedi (1984)
- Pankaj Kapur (1986-Present) – Supriya Pathak met actor Pankaj Kapur while filming Agla Mausam in 1986 and the duo got married in 1988, after 2 years of courtship. They have been blessed with 2 children – a daughter named Sanah Kapoor and a son named Ruhaan Kapur. With her marriage to Pankaj Kapur, she became the stepmother of Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor.
Race / Ethnicity
Supriya Pathak Facts
- She was raised in Parsi Colony in Dadar, Mumbai.
- Her father was a dressmaker to the stars Rajesh Khanna and Dilip Kumar.
- From 2002 to 2004, Supriya Pathak played the character of Hansa Praful Parekh (née Seth) in the comedy-drama series Khichdi. This role won her the Indian Television Academy Award for “Best Actress – Comedy” and Indian Telly Award for “Best Actress in a Comic Role”.
- She brought to life the character of Dhankor Sanera (known as Dhankor Baa) in the 2013 Hindi-language tragic romance film Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (or simply known as Ram-Leela), starring Deepika Padukone and Ranveer Singh. For this role, Supriya Pathak bagged the Filmfare Award for “Best Supporting Actress”, Producers Guild Film Award as well as Zee Cine Award for “Best Actor in a Negative Role”, and Surfers’ Choice Movie Award as well as IBNLive Movie Award for “Best Actress in a Supporting Role”.
- In 2015, she was seen as Savita in the Australian romantic comedy film UnIndian.
- Alongside Sunny Singh, Sonnalli Seygall, and Poonam Dhillon, Supriya co-starred as Laali Khanna in the 2020 Hindi-language romantic comedy film Jai Mummy Di.
- In 2021, she appeared as Amiben Shah (Hemant’s mother) in the Hindi-language financial thriller film The Big Bull. It stars Abhishek Bachchan, Ileana D’Cruz, and Nikita Dutta.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0