|Imaad Shah Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||September 20, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Imaad Shah is an Indian actor, theatre artist, singer, musician, and lyricist who has been cast in many movies like Yun Hota To Kya Hota, The Reluctant Fundamentalist, The Perfect Murder, Dil Dosti Etc, Ek Tho Chance, Dybbuk, M Cream, Pestonjee, Little Zizou, 404, Tasher Desh, and Posham Pa. Imaad Shah is the son of actors Naseeruddin Shah and Ratna Pathak Shah. Moreover, he has also branched out as a musician and has served as one-half of the duo Madboy/Mink and as the frontman and guitarist/vocalist for the band The Pulp Society.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Imaad Shah studied at The Doon School, a selective all-boys boarding school in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Singer, Musician, Lyricist
- Father – Naseeruddin Shah (Actor, Stage Artist, Voice Actor, Director, Environmentalist)
- Mother – Ratna Pathak Shah (Actor, Director, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist)
- Siblings – Vivaan Shah (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Heeba Shah (Older Paternal Half-Sister) (Actor), Aley Mohammed Shah (Paternal Grandfather), Farrukh Sultan (Paternal Grandmother), Baldev Pathak (Maternal Grandfather) (Tailor), Dina Pathak (Maternal Grandmother) (Actor, Director), Lt. General Zameerud-din Shah (Paternal Uncle) (Served as Vice-Chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University), Supriya Pathak (Maternal Aunt) (Actor, Theatre Artist), Pankaj Kapur (Uncle) (Actor, Theatre Artist, Screenwriter, Director), Mohommed Ali Shah (Cousin) (Theatre Personality, Actor), Shahid Kapoor (Step Cousin) (Actor), Sanah Kapur (Cousin) (Actor), Ruhaan Kapur (Cousin), Salim Shah (Uncle) (Actor)
Electro Funk, Disco
6 ft or 183 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Imaad Shah has dated –
- Saba Azad (2013-2020) – He was romantically involved with actor, theatre director, and musician Saba Azad between 2013 and 2020. The duo has maintained a friendly relationship post-breakup and has also worked together. Also, they constitute the music electro-funk/nu-disco duo Madboy/Mink.
Race / Ethnicity
Imaad Shah Facts
- In 2006, he played Joy in the drama film Yun Hota Toh Kya Hota. It was directed by his father Naseeruddin Shah.
- Imaad Shah co-starred as Apurv; a rich, aimless, and cynical 18-year-old young man; in the 2007 coming-of-age film Dil Dosti Etc. For this performance, he was nominated for a Stardust Award for “Best Breakthrough Performance-Male” as well as an ACEB Award for “Breakthrough Role-Actor”.
- He was cast as Sameer, an academic intern at Lahore University, in the 2012 political thriller drama film The Reluctant Fundamentalist, a post-9/11 story about the impact of the terrorist attacks on one Pakistani man and his treatment by Americans in reaction to them. The film stars Riz Ahmed, Kate Hudson, and Liev Schreiber and it received the “Centenary Award” at the 43rd International Film Festival of India.
- Imaad brought to life the character of Abraham Ezra, Yakub’s son who falls in love with Norah, in the 2021 Hindi-language supernatural horror film Dybbuk. A remake of the 2017 Malayalam film Ezra, Dybbuk stars Emraan Hashmi and Nikita Dutta in the lead role.
- Imaad Shah co-starred as Aijaz in the Hindi-language romantic drama web series The Married Woman in 2021. The show is based on Manju Kapur’s book named A Married Woman.
- In 2021, he appeared as Qasim in the period drama streaming television series The Empire.
Featured Image by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting / Government of India / Government Open Data License – India (GODL)