|Vivaan Shah Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 11, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Vivaan Shah is an Indian film actor who, widely known for being the son of veteran actors Naseeruddin Shah and Ratna Pathak Shah, proved his mettle with his acting skills seen in his movies starting from his debut film Saat Khoon Maaf (2011) and also with his writing skills in his works including his debut murder mystery novel Living Hell in November 2019.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Bandra, Maharashtra, India
He passed out from The Doon School in 2009. Then, he enrolled in St. Stephen’s College, New Delhi, in a regular BA Honours course and after the first year, he transferred to Jai Hind College in Mumbai.
- Father – Naseeruddin Shah (Actor, Director)
- Mother – Ratna Pathak Shah (Actress, Director)
- Siblings – Imaad Shah (Older Brother) (Actor, Musician)
- Others – Zameerud-din Shah (Uncle) (Retired Vice-Chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University), Supriya Pathak (Aunt) (Actress), Dina Pathak (Grandmother) (Actor, Director), Baldev Pathak (Maternal Grandfather) (Tailor), Mohommed Ali Shah (Cousin) (Theatre Personality, Actor), Pankaj Kapur (Uncle) (Actor), Salim Shah (Uncle) (Actor), Heeba Shah (Paternal Half-Sister) (Actress), Shahid Kapoor (Step Cousin) (Actor)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Akshara Haasan – He had a relationship for a brief period with his childhood friend, daughter of actor Kamal Haasan, Akshara Haasan.
Race / Ethnicity
- Moles on the left cheek
Vivaan Shah Favorite Things
- Big Influence And Best Friend – His brother Imaad Shah
- Inspiration In His Life – His stepsister Heeba aapa
- Pastime – Observing and studying cinema
- Literary Influences – Edgar Allan Poe, Raymond Chandler, Jim Thompson, Damon Runyon, Joseph Conrad, Premchand, Kader Khan
Vivaan Shah Facts
- He has affirmed that his parents have taught him to basically have a sound mind and they have been his sharpest critics. He is emotional by nature and feels intimidated by his father, while, he is so attached to his mother that he is considered to be a mama’s boy.
- Vivaan has not acted in his parents’ theatre group Motley but he has been involved on the sets and has done a lot of backstage work for the plays. He frequently used to accompany his father for film shoots.
- His grandfather Baldev Pathak was a famous tailor and used to stitch the clothes of superstar Rajesh Khanna.
- Vivaan has recalled that he was a bright student, inclined towards academics and had wanted to be a historian who would lead a so-called normal life. However, when he used to study, his friends would interrupt him saying where was the need when everyone knew that he would become an actor and he would retort that it was not his plan at all.
- When he was 21 years old, he played a character who aged from 17 to 45 in Saat Khoon Maaf.
- After Saat Khoon Maaf, he developed an urge to study filmmaking.
- Vivaan has also ventured into writing and penned a series of horror and science fiction short stories, out of which one titled Entombed came out in the Hindu Business Line: BLInk fiction magazine. He has written academic essays about film history on filmmakers, which are available online.
- When inquired about his transition from actor to author, he has asserted that both art forms are complementary to each other.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0