|Jasleen Royal Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 8, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jasleen Royal is an Indian composer, singer, songwriter, instrumentalist, lyricist, and actor who is distinguished for her ability to sing in 3 languages – Hindi, English, and Punjabi. She has contributed her musical skills to the release of several hit songs like Nachde Ne Saare, Laaj Sharam, and Kho Gaye Hum Kahan. Jasleen has performed alongside some of the most influential musicians in Bollywood including Sneha Khanwalkar. Jasleen has amassed a huge fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Jasleen Kaur Royal
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Jasleen studied at the Sacred Heart Convent School, Ludhiana. Then, she graduated from the Hindu College, Delhi with a degree in B.Com Honors.
Composer, Singer, Songwriter, Instrumentalist, Lyricist, Actor
- Father – Mohinder Bittu Royal (Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Bably Kaur
- Siblings – Japji Singh (Older Brother)
Jasleen is represented by Vikas of Kwan Entertainment.
Indie-Rock, Indie, Pop, Romantic
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Harmonica, Tambourine
Her music has been released via various record labels such as Artistaloud, Zee Music Company, T-Series etc.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
Jasleen was raised in a family that believed in Sikhism.
Best Known For
- Lending her skills as a musician to the release of several hit songs like Nachde Ne Saare, Din Shagna Da, Laaj Sharam, Kho Gaye Hum Kahan, Love You Zindagi etc
- Being recognized as the 1 woman band, given of her ability to play several instruments at a time
As a Singer
Jasleen released her debut single titled Panchi Hojavan in 2013. She received several awards for the song.
Later, she started lending her vocals to the release of several hit soundtracks such as Din Shagna Da (2013), Preet (2014), Kho Gaye Hum Kahan (2016), Nachde Ne Saare (2016), Love You Zindagi (2016), Peh Gaya Khalara (2017), Laaj Sharam (2018) and many others.
She made her theatrical film debut as Juhu in Gully Boy in 2019.
Jasleen Royal Facts
- She was born and brought up in Ludhiana. Later, she moved to the capital city of India to complete her college.
- The first instrument she ever played was the piano.
- Her musical career began at the age of 5 with her determination to learn an incomplete melody that her brother was teaching her on the keyboard. By the age of 16, she had self-trained herself in the guitar as well as the harmonica.
- Her days of fame started in 2009 after she qualified as a semi-finalist on India’s Got Talent.
- During her high school years, she was an introvert who showed sincerity towards studies.
- Jasleen doesn’t mind getting negative criticism. However, when she’s having a bad day, she doesn’t think twice before shushing people up.
- She is a multi-instrumentalist and can play the guitar, piano, harmonica, tambourine, as well as sing all at while parting time on each during a song.
- In the past, she gave an outstanding performance at NDTV‘s Our Girls, Our Pride awareness campaign that was hosted by actress Priyanka Chopra.
- In 2014, she performed at the L’Oréal Paris Miss Femina Awards.
- She has listed musicians Rabbi Shergill, A.R. Rahman, Lucky Ali, and British singer-songwriter Cat Stevens as her inspirations.
- In 2013, Jasleen’s song Panchi Hojavan (2012) earned her the Best Indie Song award at the MTV Video Music Awards. Later, she also received the award for Best Indie Artist at Songdew’s Free The Music.
- In 2018, she featured in the editorial pages of Elle.
- Jasleen occasionally enjoys getting herself some beer.
- She is very close to her dog named Kobe.
- She had taken the first jab of the COVID-19 vaccine in May 2021.
Featured Image by Jasleen Royal / Instagram