|Elsa Zylberstein Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 16, 1968|
Elsa Zylberstein is a French actress known for appearing in popular TV shows and films like I’ve Loved You So Long, Van Gogh, Time Regained, and That Day. She has done endorsement work for brands like Baccarat, Chopard, Renault, and Dior. Elsa has a mild social media fan base with more than 30k followers on Instagram.
Elsa Florence Zylbersztejn
After earning her Baccalauréat A3, Elsa Zylberstein got enrolled in a university to study English.
She polished up her acting skills at the Paris-based drama school, Cours Florent. She was guided by the acclaimed French actor, director, and screenwriter, Francis Huster.
- Father – Albert Zylberstein (Physician)
- Mother – Liliane Zylberstein (Beautician)
- Siblings – She has a younger brother.
Elsa Zylberstein is represented by Beverly Hills-based Untitled Entertainment.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elsa Zylberstein has dated –
- Antoine de Caunes (1997-2005) – Elsa started dating the actor and director Antoine de Caunes in 1997. Their relationship reportedly lasted for about 8 years as they decided to head in separate directions in 2005. The breakup was amicable and she has publicly wished him well.
- Nicolas Bedos (2005-2008) – In 2005, Elsa started dating theatre director and actor Nicolas Bedos. Their relationship came to an end in 2008.
- Georges-Marc Benamou (2008-Present) – The reports of Elsa dating Georges-Marc Benamou, who has served as a journalist director of the monthly publication, Globe, and advisor to the former French President Nicolas Sarkozy, started coming in by the turn of 2008. Over the years, the couple has maintained a low profile.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has Ashkenazi Polish ancestry.
- High cheekbones
- Hazel eyes
Elsa Zylberstein has used her social media presence to endorse brands like –
- Ferdi Paris
- Hôtel Martinez
She was raised by a Jewish father and a Catholic mother.
However, as an adult, she is attracted to the Buddhist values and rites.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the lead role in the Canadian drama movie, I’ve Loved You So Long, which helped her gain critical acclaim and a couple of prestigious awards.
- Being cast in an important role in the French biographical movie, Van Gogh.
- Having played prominent roles in the popular movies such as Love Torn in a Dream, Time Regained, and That Day.
In August 1989, she made her theatrical film debut in the biographical drama movie, Baptême.
First TV Show
In 1990, Elsa Zylberstein made her first TV show appearance in the Puzzle episode of the horror thriller TV series, Mistress of Suspense (originally titled Chillers).
Elsa Zylberstein Facts
- It was her urge that the French novelist Philippe Claudel decided to write the script of her popular movie, I’ve Loved You So Long. About 5 months after she advised, he had completed the script and got in touch with Elsa.
- In January 2001, she was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador for United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). She was also made the spokesperson of the Face to Face campaign for France.
- Her father and her family managed to evade Nazi persecution as they were hidden by some people, who were sympathetic to the cause of Jewish people.
- To overcome her natural shyness, she decided to get enrolled in ballet classes. She also started taking drama classes while studying for French baccalaureat in the arts section.
- She got her first taste of widespread acclaim with her role in Mina Tannenbaum, which was based on coming of age of 2 Jewish girls.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Georges Biard / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0