|Wolfgang Puck Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 8, 1949|
Wolfgang Puck is an Austrian-American chef, restaurateur, as well as an actor who has opened more than 100 fine dining and casual restaurants including the Spago – Beverly Hills that received a James Beard Foundation Outstanding Service Award in 2005 along with Michelin stars. He has been conferred several awards such as the International Foodservice Manufacturers Association (IFMA) Gold Plate in 2017.
Wolfgang Johannes Topfschnig
Sankt Veit a der Glan, Carinthia, Austria
Los Angeles, California, United States
He took culinary lessons as an apprentice under Raymond Thuilier at L’Oustau de Baumaniere in Provence, at Hotel de Paris in Monaco, and at Maxim’s in Paris, and completed his training by 1973.
Chef, Restaurateur, Actor
- Father – His father was a butcher.
- Mother – Maria Worth Puck (Local Pastry Chef)
- Others – Josef Puck (Step-Father) (Coal-Miner)
He is represented by Tribune Content Agency.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Marie France Trouillot (1975-1980) – He tied the knot with Marie France Trouillot on July 5, 1975. They got divorced in 1980.
- Barbara Lazaroff (1983-2003) – He married Barbara Lazaroff on September 1, 1983. They were divorced in 2003. They have 2 sons named Cameron Puck and Byron Puck.
- Gelila Assefa (2007-Present) – He got married to designer Gelila Assefa on July 7, 2007, in Capri, Italy. They have 2 sons together named Oliver Puck and Alexander Puck.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
He has done endorsement work for several brands such as MasterCard.
Wolfgang Puck Favorite Things
- Food – Macarons
- Pastime – Charitable work
- Signature Dish At His Original Restaurant Named Spago – House Smoked Salmon Pizza
- Life Motto – Live, love, eat!
Wolfgang Puck Facts
- He first learned cooking from his mother. He began work in a kitchen at the age of 14. The main reason was so that he could leave an unhappy home.
- His stepfather had wanted him to be a carpenter or a mechanic and had always put him down by saying he had no skills whatsoever. He had totally discounted cooking to even be an option calling it a profession for women only.
- When he was 24 years old, Puck listened to the advice of his friend and left Europe for America. He got his first job at a restaurant named La Tour in Indianapolis in 1973, where he worked for a couple of years.
- He opened his first restaurant named Spago in Los Angeles in 1982.
- Wolfgang has had a unique ability to assemble food into new but recognizable forms and that had encouraged him in 1983 to combine Asian and Western techniques in the Los Angeles restaurant named Chinois, which had played a big role in starting the trend for fusion dishes.
- He has founded the Wolfgang Puck Companies which has comprised of the Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group, Wolfgang Puck Catering, and Wolfgang Puck Worldwide, Inc. His company has not only founded a number of fine dining restaurants and the best catering services, but it has also sold kitchen and food commodities such as cookbooks and canned foods.
- He does not have breakfast as he dislikes eating in the morning. However, he enjoys breakfast dishes and has them at other times of the day or night.
- Puck hates peanut butter.
- He has been greatly inspired by Asian cuisine particularly by Japanese, Chinese, and Indian food.
- Some of his famous dishes include the Classic Chicken Pot Pie and Catalonian Fire Roasted Lamb Rack.
Featured Image by Mark Doliner / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0