|Shahid Kapoor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||February 25, 1981|
Shahid Kapoor is an Indian actor who is best known for portraying roles such as Dr. Kabir Rajdheer Singh in Kabir Singh, Rawal Ratan Singh in Padmaavat, Tommy Singh in Udta Punjab, and Haider Meer in Haider. He has also appeared in a variety of other Hindi films such as Ishq Vishk, Dil Maange More, Deewane Huye Paagal, Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!, Chup Chup Ke, Kismat Konnection, Jab We Met, Chance Pe Dance, Badmaash Company, Phata Poster Nikhla Hero, Action Jackson, Batti Gul Meter Chalu, and many more. For his acting skills, Shahid has been honored with several awards such as the BIG Star Entertainment Awards, Filmfare Awards, International Indian Film Academy Awards, and Screen Awards.
Shahid Khattar, Shahi, Sasha, Shasha, Fahid, Dodo
Until the fourth standard, Shahid went to Gyan Bharati School in Delhi. Subsequently, he went to Rajhans Vidyalaya, Mumbai.
He later went to Mithibai College.
- Father – Pankaj Kapur (Actor, film director)
- Mother – Neelima Azeem (Actor / classical dancer)
- Siblings – Ishaan Khatter (Half-brother), Ruhan Kapur (Half-brother), Sanah Kapur (Half-sister)
- Others – Supriya Pathak (Stepmother) (Actress), Anwar Azeem (Maternal Grandfather) (Marxist journalist and author from Bihar), Khwaja Ahmad Abbas (Great Great Grandfather) (Film director, journalist, screenwriter, novelist)
His career is managed by Kruti.
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Shahid Kapoor dated –
- Amrita Rao (2003; 2006) – Shahid was rumored to be dating his Ishq Vishk co-star Amrita Rao in 2003. They were again linked up during the release of Vivah in 2006. However, both of them denied the rumors stating that they were just good friends.
- Kareena Kapoor (2004-2007) – The actors met while filming the 2004 movie “Fida”. They started dating in February 2004 on Valentine’s Day. They dated for three years and split in 2007 nearing the release of their film “Jab We Met” in that year.
- Sania Mirza (2008) – He had a fling with the Indian tennis player, Sania Mirza in 2008.
- Vidya Balan (2008) – While filming Kismat Konnection, co-stars Shahid and Vidya Balan were linked together to be dating each other which they both denied strongly in the interviews.
- Priyanka Chopra (2009-2011) – After appearing on-screen in the 2009 film “Kaminey”, the two actors started dating each other off-screen. The duo called their relationship quits in 2011.
- Mira Rajput (2015-Present) – Shahid married Mira Rajput, who is around 13 years his junior in a ceremony held in Delhi on July 7, 2015. An after-party was held in The Oberoi in Gurugram later in the evening on the same day. The couple is blessed with 2 children, daughter Misha Kapoor (b. 2016) and son Zain (b. 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Punjabi descent.
- Large forehead
- Dimpled smile
VIP luggage, Pioneer, deodorant brand
He has appeared in the TV commercials for several brands such as Pepsi, Kit Kat, and Close-Up.
Best Known For
Playing Prem in Vivah (2006), as Aditya Kashyap in Jab We Met (2007), as Charlie / Guddu in Kaminey (2009).
He debuted with the 2003 romance film Ishq Vishk for his role as Rajiv Mathur. He received the “Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut” for the film.
Shahid Kapoor tries to build stamina and endurance. Kapoor does not directly aim for a six-pack or eight-pack abs as these are the by-products when one is trying to remain fit and build stamina.
Being a vegetarian, he had to work more hard in terms of diet. As he couldn’t take animal protein for building muscles, he had to make up for the loss of it.
Shahid Kapoor Favorite Things
- Food – Rajma Chawal
- Cuisine – Chinese
- Holiday Destination – Europe
- Singer – Justin Timberlake
- Movie – Lawrence Of Arabia (1962)
Shahid Kapoor Facts
- Shahid’s parents divorced when he was 3 years old.
- He is the nephew of Bollywood actor Naseeruddin Shah.
- Due to his parents’ divorce, he was raised by his mom and maternal grandparents. Kapoor spent his childhood at Press Enclave, Saket, Delhi.
- He has appeared with his younger half-brother Ishaan Khattar in 2005 film Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi!
- Shahid joined Shiamak Davar’s dance institute at the age of 15. As a student there, he was featured as a background dancer in films like Dil To Pagal Hai and Taal.
- He is a vegetarian. In 2009 and 2011, he was named the “sexiest vegetarian man of India and Asia-Pacific” by PETA.
- In 2014, he was ranked at the 5th spot in The Times of India‘s “50 most-desirable men” list.
- Shahid is good at cooking.
- He loves eating Chinese and Italian.
- Shahid Kapoor uses the name “Shahid Khattar” on his passport due to his stepfather’s name “Rajesh Khattar”.
- Shahid once wanted to become a cricketer.
- In early March 2022, Shahid purchased the newly-launched Mercedes-Maybach S580 (priced INR 2.5 crore onwards, ex-showroom). At that time, he was already the proud owner of the Mercedes-Benz S400 AMG.