|Aditya Roy Kapur Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 16, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aditya Roy Kapur is an Indian actor who is best known for his roles such as Rahul Jaykar in Aashiqui 2, Avinash “Avi” Arora in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Noor Nizami in Fitoor, and Advait Thakur in Malang. He has also appeared in a variety of other Hindi films such as London Dreams, Action Replayy, Guzaarish, Daawat-e-Ishq, Ok Jaanu, Dear Zindagi, Kalank, Rashtra Kavach Om, and many more. For his acting skills, Aditya has been honored with numerous awards such as the BIG Star Entertainment Award, Star Guild Award, and Screen Award.
Aditya Roy Kapur
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Aditya finished his schooling from G. D. Somani Memorial School in Cuffe Parade, Mumbai.
Later, Kapur graduated from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
Film actor, Video Jockey (VJ)
- Mother – Salome Roy Kapur nee Aaron (Former model, former actress, and now choreographer)
- Siblings – Siddharth Roy Kapur (Elder Brother) (Producer), Kunaal Roy Kapur (Elder Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Vidya Balan (Sister-in-law) (Actress), Raghupat Roy Kapur (Known by the pseudonym G Rakesh) (Grandfather) (Producer)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
88 kg or 194 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aditya Roy Kapur dated –
- Rhea Chakraborty – Channel [V] VJ turned actress Rhea dated Aditya in the past. In January 2013, it was speculated that Rhea has ended the longtime relationship.
- Shraddha Kapoor (2012) – Aditya was RUMORed to be dating his Aashiqui 2 co-star, Shraddha Kapoor. The duo was seen romancing together in the city.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Asian)
- Towering height
- Often plays roles like the ones who are addicted to alcohol and have unshaved face
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 10 (UK).
Best Known For
Playing Rahul Jaykar in the 2013 musical drama film Aashiqui 2
Aditya debuted with the 2009 Bollywood musical drama film London Dreams for his role as Wasim Khan.
First TV Show
Kapur started his career as Channel [V] VJ and so started his career via television.
In 2007, he appeared in Channel V’s reality show India’s Hottest as himself.
He starts his day with a strong cup of coffee. He drinks it on his empty stomach.
Aditya has a naturally fit body as he is active in sports since childhood. He wanted to become a cricketer too and took coaching for the same. As of now, he still plays sports like football, cricket, and others as a cardiovascular exercise. He does not like to run on the treadmill in the gym.
He hits the gym for five days a week, but only for weight training. He has a really built-up body. Aditya does various exercises targeting different body parts while taking short breaks in between sets. In short, he is not a fitness freak.
Aditya Roy Kapur Favorite Things
- Food – Kung Pao chicken, Kung Pao potatoes, eggs benedict
- Cuisine – Indian, Indian Chinese (He does not like authentic Chinese food)
- Restaurants – Indigo Deli, Gaylord, Theobroma
- Fitness Idol – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Ideal Male Celeb Body – Brad Pitt
- Ideal Female Celeb Body – Jessica Alba
- Ice Cream Flavor – Bavarian Chocolate, Honey Nut Crunch
Source – Filmfare.com, TimesOfIndia.com
Aditya Roy Kapur Facts
- His father is Punjabi while his mom is Jewish.
- Aditya’s mom Salome Aaron is Miss India 1972.
- He initially started his career as Channel [V] VJ.
- Aditya and his two elder brothers attended the same school.
- Aditya says that he likes eggs benedict so much that he can eat it all three times.
- He never dreamed of becoming an actor. It all happened when he was called to audition for London Dreams and we all know that he was selected.
- When he was in school, he only dreamed of becoming a cricketer. He also took cricket coaching until the sixth standard.
- He was originally not very good at Hindi, so took the language classes to improve his accent and other skills.
- He is not a trained actor; meaning that he has not attended any acting school.