|Ravi Behl Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1966|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ravi Behl is an Indian actor and TV producer who worked in Hindi-language films such as Morchha (1980), Narsimha (1991), Dalaal (1993), Pyar Ka Rog (1994), Agni Sakshi (1996), and Ghulam-E-Mustafa (1997). He also played the character of Prince Nandu in 2 episodes of a 5-hour, 3-part British TV mini-series titled The Far Pavilions (1984). The series was based on an epic novel of British-Indian history of the same name (published in 1978). Ravi became a household name in India due to his co-hosting of Boogie Woogie, a dance competition-based reality TV series that first aired in 1996 – a first-of-its-kind show on Indian television and one of the longest-running TV shows in India. He was also the co-creator, co-producer, and co-director of the show.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, TV Producer
- Father – Sham Behl (Film Producer) (Deceased)
- Siblings – Geeta Behl (Older Sister) (Actress) (d. May 2021)
- Others – Ramesh Behl (Paternal Uncle) (Film Director, Producer) (d. January 1990), Madhu Behl (Aunt), Goldie Behl (Cousin) (Film Director, Producer, Entrepreneur, Co-Founder of Rose Audiovisuals), Sonali Bendre (Cousin-in-Law) (Actress), Ranveer Behl (First Cousin, Once Removed), Srishti Arya (née Behl) (Cousin) (Film Producer, Entrepreneur, Media Executive, Co-Founder of Rose Audiovisuals, Former Treasurer and Vice-President of the Producers Guild of India, Former core member of the Indian Film and TV Producers Council, Head of Netflix India until 2021), Sameer Arya (Cousin-in-Law) (Cinematograher), Shraddha Behl (Cousin), Tania R. Behl (Cousin) (Chef), Shukla Devi Tuli (née Behl) (Paternal Aunt), Rajendra Kumar (Uncle) (Actor, Padma Shri Awardee) (d. July 1999), Kumar Gaurav (Cousin) (Businessman, Former Actor), Namrata Dutt (Cousin-in-Law), Saachi Kumar (First Cousin, Once Removed), Siya Kumar (First Cousin, Once Removed), Dimple Kumar (Cousin), Raju Patel (Cousin-in-Law) (Film Producer) (d. October 2005)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ravi has dated –
- Ayesha Jhulka (1991-1992) – Ravi got engaged to Indian actress, model, and entrepreneur Ayesha Jhulka in 1991 but they parted ways the following year.
He stated in a February 2023 interview that he was once involved in a long-distance relationship and the failure of that relationship scarred him emotionally to such an extent that he became scared of falling in love again. As of February 2023, he remained unmarried.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mildly stocky frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
Ravi Behl Facts
- Ravi was enamored with the great Bruce Lee during his childhood and began practicing karate due to this fascination. He would practice for hours after school and also learned how to perform splits and roundhouse kicks.
- He has often stated that his deep involvement with the highly popular reality TV show Boogie Woogie (which also guaranteed his financial security) and its overwhelming success made him complacent.
- This massively impacted his acting career as he felt that he needed to do nothing else. Ravi hardly appeared in a movie or TV series after the late 1990s.
- After a hiatus of more than 2 decades, he made his acting comeback with the character of Jaiveer ‘Jayu’ Singh in a Hindi-language crime thriller web series called The Night Manager (released in February 2023).
Featured Image by Ravi Behl / Instagram