|Sonali Bendre Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1975|
Sonali Bendre is an Indian film actress and former model who has established herself as a well-known figure of the Indian entertainment industry and has appeared in a multitude of movies and shows such as Aag, English Babu Desi Mem, The Don, Keemat – They Are Back, Humse Badhkar Kaun, Hum Saath Saath Hain, Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai, Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hain, Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega, Once Upon A Time in Mumbai Dobaara!, and India’s Got Talent.
Bombay, Maharashtra, India
Sonali Bendre attended Kendriya Vidyalaya located in Bangalore and later got enrolled at Ramnarain Ruia College in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Actress, Former Model
- Father – Jit Bendre (Civil Servant)
- Mother – Roopsi Bendre
- Siblings – Gandhali Bendre (Older Sister). Sonali Bendre also has a brother.
- Others – Jatin Paranjbe (Brother-In-Law) (Cricketer), Amogh Ranadive (Nephew) (Comedian)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Sonali Bendre has dated –
- Goldie Behl (2002-Present) – She is married to filmmaker Goldie Behl and they parent a son named Ranveer Behl (b. August 11, 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
Sonali Bendre is of Maharashtrian descent.
- Pierced ears
- High cheekbones
She has done endorsement work for brands such as Oriflame India.
Sonali Bendre Facts
- She made her theatrical film debut as Parul in the 1994 Bollywood action drama film, Aag, in which she co-starred alongside Govinda and Shilpa Shetty. For this role, she won the 1995 Screen Awards for both “Discovery of the Year” as well as “Most Promising Newcomer – Female” and the 1995 Filmfare Award for “Lux New Face of the Year”.
- Sonali Bendre co-starred as Khushi in the 2000 Hindi romantic drama film, Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai, and her performance won her the 2001 Screen Award for “Best Supporting Actress” while she was also nominated for the 2001 International Indian Film Academy Award for “Best Supporting Actress”.
- She has appeared as a judge on shows like Mr & Mrs Television, Hindustan Ke Hunarbaaz, India’s Got Talent, Indian Idol, and India’s Best Dramebaaz.
- She made it public via Twitter on July 4, 2018, that she had been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer and was undergoing treatment in a New York City hospital.
- In September 2018, social activist and politician Ram Kadam received a lot of criticism for posting a false tweet about Bendre’s death.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY 3.0