|Tom Hiddleston Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1¾ in|
|Date of Birth||February 9, 1981|
|Shoe Size||11 (US)|
Tom Hiddleston is an English actor, voiceover artist, producer, and stage artist who has gained acclaim with his performance as Loki in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and this role has won him an MTV Movie Award for “Best Villain” as well as got him nominated for Saturn Award for “Best Supporting Actor”. A Golden Globe Award and a Laurence Olivier Award recipient, the actor has also appeared in movies and shows like Midnight in Paris, Only Lovers Left Alive, Friend Request Pending, Kong: Skull Island, I Saw the Light, Crimson Peak, Suburban Shootout, The Gathering Storm, Miss Austen Regrets, The Night Manager, Henry IV Part I and Part II, Archipelago, and War Horse.
Thomas William Hiddleston
Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
Tom attended a preparatory school, Dragon School in Oxford. At 13, he was accepted into Eton College in Eton in Windsor.
Later, Tom studied at the University of Cambridge‘s Pembroke College to earn double first in Classics. Finally, he studied acting and graduated in 2005 from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Actor, Producer, Voice Artist
- Father – James Norman Hiddleston (Physical chemist)
- Mother – Diana Patricia Seraves (Arts administrator / former stage manager)
- Siblings – Sarah (Older Sister) (Indian Journalist), Emma Hiddleston (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – James J. Hiddleston (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Sir Edmund Vestey (Great-great maternal grandfather) (1st Baronet, English food producer, co-founder of Vestey Brothers), Lieut. William Reginald “Bill” Servaes, RN (Maternal Grandfather), Patricia Vestey (Maternal Grandmother)
His career has been managed by –
- Hamilton Hodell, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft 1¾ in or 187.5 cm
79 kg or 174 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Hiddleston has dated –
- Susannah Fielding (2009-2011) – Tom started dating English actress, Susannah Fielding in June 2009 after meeting her on the set of BBC’s Wallander. They dated for more than two years before finally calling it quits in November 2011.
- Kat Dennings (2010) – The Thor co-stars were RUMORed to be dating together in 2010 when they were seen getting cozy during Comic-con in that year.
- Jessica Chastain (2012-2013) – This time, Tom was RUMORed to be dating American actress, Jessica Chastain in November 2012. They split in January 2013. She is about 4 years his senior.
- Jane Arthy (2013) – He was romantically involved with music producer Jane Arthy in 2013.
- Lara Pulver (2013) – In 2013, when Tom was seen having dinner with actress Lara Pulver, they were RUMORed to be dating each other.
- Elizabeth Olsen (2015) – In May 2015, Tom was RUMORed to have had a fling with American actress Elizabeth Olsen. They came close while filming the movie “I Saw the Light,” where they play husband-wife.
- Taylor Swift (2016) – From June 2016 to September 2016, Tom dated American singer, Taylor Swift.
- Priyanka Chopra (2016) – It was RUMORed that he had a fling with Indian actress, singer, and film producer Priyanka Chopra in September 2016.
- Zawe Ashton (2019-Present) – In 2019, he started dating Zawe Ashton, an actress, playwright, director, and narrator.
Race / Ethnicity
Tom has Scottish ancestry on his father’s side, while he is of English, German, and Welsh descent on his mother’s side.
He prefers to dye his hair ‘Dark Brown’.
Blue with a hint of green
Though, his eyes look “Green” most of the time due to the surroundings. The color ambiguity is normal.
Tom Hiddleston himself has accepted his eye color as ‘Blue’.
- Big blue eyes
- Curly hair
He was the ambassador for Luminous – the BFI’s Fundraising Gala.
He has appeared in a Jaguar Super Bowl commercial.
In 2019, he had appeared in a Centrum vitamins ad for a Chinese audience.
He is probably not religious.
Best Known For
Playing Loki in the Marvel Studios films Thor (2011), The Avengers (2012), and Thor: The Dark World (2013).
Tom Hiddleston appeared in the 2008 British drama film Unrelated for his role as Oakley.
First TV Show
In 2001, Tom played the role of Toby Sherrifmuir in the TV show Armadillo.
He is famous for his role of Loki in Thor and related series. He worked out a lot for the movie. He actually wanted to attain a lean body, just opposite to Chris’. If Chris is a rock, he wanted to be the wind. So, he developed a combat fight just like Brazilian martial arts.
Tom Hiddleston Favorite Things
- Superhero – Superman
- Drink – Jameson on the rocks
- Film – Heat (1995)
- Band – Bon Iver
- Shakespeare Play – Othello
- Country to travel – Italy
- Tea – Earl Grey with a splash of milk
Source – Moviefone.com, EmpireOnline
Tom Hiddleston Facts
- In 2013, Empire magazine ranked Tom at #2 in their “The 100 Sexiest Movie Stars” list.
- Tom was born in Westminster but raised in Wimbledon in London.
- His parents divorced when he was 13.
- He probably started acting because of his parents’ divorce (when he was 13).
- When he was studying at the University of Cambridge, he appeared in the play titled “A Streetcar Named Desire”.
- Tom would like to play Gene Wilder in the biopic.
- He is good friends with Chris Hemsworth.
- He has a dog named Bobby.
- He portrayed the character of F. Scott Fitzgerald, an American novelist, essayist, screenwriter, and short-story writer, in the 2011 fantasy comedy-drama film, Midnight in Paris, written and directed by Woody Allen.
- Apart from English, he can also speak French.
- He gave his voice to the character named Loki in the 2011 video game, Thor: God of Thunder.
- He used to play rugby during his time at the University of Cambridge.
- He is afraid of sharks.
- If he wasn’t into acting, he would have been a cowboy.