Thomas William Hiddleston
Westminster, London, England
Tom attended a preparatory school, Dragon School in Oxford. At 13, he was accepted into Eton College in Eton in Windsor.
Later, Tom studied at University of Cambridge‘s Pembroke College to earn double first in Classics.
Finally, he studied acting and graduated in 2005 from Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
- Father – James Norman Hiddleston (Physical chemist)
- Mother – Diana Patricia Seraves (Arts administrator / former stage manager)
- Siblings – Sarah (Older Sister) (Indian Journalist), Emma Hiddleston (Younger Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Sir Edmund Vestey (Great-great maternal grandfather) (1st Baronet, English food producer, co-founder of Vestey Brothers)
His career is managed by Hamilton Hodell.
6 ft 1¾ in or 187.5 cm
79 kg or 174 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Hiddleston dated –
- Susannah Fielding (2009-2011) – Tom started dating English actress, Susannah Fielding in June 2009 after meeting her on the set of BBC’s Wallander. They dated for more than two years before finally calling it quits in November 2011.
- Kat Dennings (2010) – The Thor co-stars were RUMORed to be dating together in 2010 when they were seen getting cozy during Comic-con in that year.
- Jessica Chastain (2012-2013) – This time, Tom was RUMORed to be dating American actress, Jessica Chastain in November 2012. They split in January 2013. She is about 4 years his senior.
- Jane Arthy (2013) – RUMOR
- Lara Pulver (2013) – In 2013, when Tom was seen having dinner with actress Lara Pulver, they were RUMORed to be dating each other.
- Elizabeth Olsen (2015) – In May 2015, Tom was RUMORed to have had a fling with American actress Elizabeth Olsen. They came close while filming the movie “I Saw the Light,” where they play husband-wife.
- Taylor Swift (2016) – From June 2016 to September 2016, Tom dated American singer, Taylor Swift.
Race / Ethnicity
Tom has Scottish ancestry on his father’s side, while he is of English, German and Welsh descent on his mother’s side.
He prefers to dye his hair ‘Dark Brown’.
Blue with a hint of green
Though, his eyes look “Green” most of the time due to the surroundings. The color ambiguity is normal.
Tom Hiddleston himself has accepted his eye color as ‘Blue’.
- Big blue eyes
- Curly hair
He was the ambassador for Luminous – the BFI’s Fundraising Gala.
He has appeared in a Jaguar Super Bowl commercial.
He is probably not religious.
Best Known For
Playing Loki in the Marvel Studios films Thor (2011), The Avengers (2012), and Thor: The Dark World (2013).
Tom Hiddleston appeared in 2008 British drama film Unrelated for his role as Oakley.
First TV Show
In 2001, Tom played the role as Toby Sherrifmuir in the TV show Armadillo.
He is famous for his role of Loki in Thor and related series. He worked out a lot for the movie. He actually wanted to attain a lean body, just opposite to Chris’. If Chris is a rock, he wanted to be the wind. So, he developed a combat fight just like Brazilian martial arts.
Tom Hiddleston Favorite Things
- Superhero – Superman
- Drink – Jameson on the rocks
- Film – Heat (1995)
- Band – Bon Iver
- Shakespeare Play – Othello
- Country to travel – Italy
- Tea – Earl Grey with a splash of milk
Source – Moviefone.com, EmpireOnline
Tom Hiddleston Facts
- In 2013, Empire magazine ranked Tom at #2 in their “The 100 Sexiest Movie Stars” list.
- Tom was born in Westminster but raised in Wimbledon in London.
- His parents divorced when he was 13.
- He probably started acting because of his parents’ divorce (when he was 13).
- When he was studying at the University of Cambridge, he appeared in the play titled “A Streetcar Named Desire”.
- Tom would like to play Gene Wilder in the biopic.
- He is good friends with Chris Hemsworth.
- Apart from English, he can also speak French.
- He gave his voice to the character named Loki in the 2011 video game, Thor: God of Thunder.
- He used to play rugby during his time at the University of Cambridge.
- He is afraid of sharks.
- If he wasn’t into acting, he would have been a cowboy.
- Connect with Hiddleston on Twitter and Facebook.