|Saswata Chatterjee Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 19, 1970|
Saswata Chatterjee is an Indian actor in television as well as movies based in Kolkata, including Jahangirer Swarnamudra (1999) and Aamar Bhuvan (2002), respectively. He has received many accolades such as the Anandalok Award in 2012 for “Best Supporting Actor”. Chatterjee has garnered more than 130k followers on Instagram.
Kolkata, West Bengal, India
He attended the University of Calcutta.
- Father – Subhendu Chatterjee (Actor) (Deceased)
- Mother – Anjali Chatterjee
5 ft 7½ in or 171.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Mohua Chatterjee – He has been married to Mohua, a teacher. The pair has a daughter together named Hiya.
Race / Ethnicity
- Cleft chin
- Shapely lips
Saswata Chatterjee Favorite Things
- Beverage – Tea that he has cherished having early in the morning
Source – Instagram
Saswata Chatterjee Facts
- He has recalled that growing up he would always receive presents on his birthday, and the morning after would be exciting and memorable. He would keep all the gifts on the bed and unbox them one by one to discover what he had got.
- Saswata used to get involved in art and craft to unwind when he was in his college.
- He has disclosed that he has been a morning person so much so that even after partying till 3 am, he has woken up at 5 am for a shoot, never having a problem with getting up early.
- Chatterjee has stated that he has had the most fun playing characters in comedies. He has seen the decline in the making of comedy films having believed the reason to have been people forgetting to laugh due to unrest in society. He has preferred to focus on the bright side of everything and laugh, having never felt tired to play funny characters. Negative roles, on the other hand, have caused him emotional stress.
- He has stated that he enjoyed essaying Subhas Chandra Bose in the adventure thriller film Swastik Sanket. As a kid, he would see Bengali movies made on Netaji that were typically black and white ones made in the late sixties which led him to develop immense respect and love for the nationalist. He had also been lucky to see some original footage of Netaji on tape where he studied the way he walked, talked, and gave speeches.
- Among box office, character, story, and money, story and character have been his first consideration with the main focus being the story. He has seen that if the story is interesting, only then it is possible for the characters to be successful.
- Saswata had preferred not to use mobile phones too much. However, he had to change that when going outside for shoots as he started receiving important information regarding his car, the call time and even scripts, on the phone.
- He has liked having a casual dressing style having felt the most comfortable in jeans, a T-shirt and also a Panjabi. When in the mood to dress up, he has relished wearing Dhuti-panjabi rather than a suit.
- He has never shopped for himself apart from buying shoes or belts in various airports outside Kolkata.
- Saswata has liked to wear watches and has a good collection of shoes.
- He has liked relaxing by watching games. He has avoided news channels that have never made him unwind. He has enjoyed seeing films, sports channels, and National Geographic.
Featured Image by Saswata Chatterjee / Instagram