|Terence Lewis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1975|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Terence Lewis is an Indian dancer, choreographer, and TV personality who has choreographed numerous musicals, stage shows, music videos, along with several Bollywood films including Lagaan (2001) and Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013). Although well-versed in several dance forms, he has been internationally regarded as one of the finest exponents of the contemporary dance form and runs the Terence Lewis Contemporary Dance Company in Mumbai. Terence has also served on the panel of judges for several popular Indian dance-based reality TV series such as Dance India Dance (2009–2012), Nach Baliye (2012-2014; 2017), and Dance Plus (2017-2018). For the 2009 season of Dance India Dance, he won an Indian Telly Award (ITA) in the category ‘Best Judge on a TV Show’.
Terry, Mr. Google
Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Terence had graduated from the St. Theresa’s Boys High School and then from St. Xavier’s College, both in Mumbai. He went on to attend and graduate with a hospitality-related degree from the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai. Thereafter, he moved to New York and trained in the jazz, ballet and contemporary dance forms at both the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and the Martha Graham Center of Contemporary Dance.
Dancer, Choreographer, TV Personality
- Father – Xavier Lewis
- Mother – Teresa Lewis
- Siblings – He has 7 older siblings.
He is represented by Jasmine Singh, Manager, Kwan Entertainment & Marketing Solutions,
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
71 kg or 156.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Terence has dated –
- Sayantani Ghosh (2012–2015)
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Frequently-changing hairstyle
- Often sports a rugged beard
- Charming smile
Terence Lewis Facts
- He choreographed Disney India‘s first-ever theatre production, an adaptation of the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast.
- Terence is the first Indian dancer who received the ‘danceWEB Europe Scholarship’, an annual grant presented by danceWEB Europe which is a non-profit organization of dance organizations based in Vienna.
- He was a participant in the 3rd season of the adventure-based reality TV series Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi (2010). The season was a special edition where 13 male Indian celebrities from all walks of life participated. The season was hosted by Priyanka Chopra.
- In 2012, he won the ‘American Choreography Award’ for his choreography of songs from the 2001 epic Bollywood film Lagaan, an award that he shared with fellow ace Indian choreographers who contributed to the film; namely Saroj Khan, Raju Khan, Ganesh Hegde, and Vaibhavi Merchant.
- A biopic documentary about his life titled Terence Lewis, Indian Man, which was directed by the French director Pierre X. Garnier, was released in 2020.
Featured Image by Terence Lewis / Instagram