|Ranveer Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 6, 1985|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ranveer Singh is an Indian actor who has worked predominantly in the Hindi film industry and has been among the highest-paid Indian actors. He made his acting debut as Bittoo Sharma in Yash Raj Films’ romantic comedy Band Baaja Baaraat in 2010 and this role won him the Filmfare Award for “Best Male Debut”. Since then, he has been cast in many movies including Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela, Bajirao Mastani, Lootera, Padmaavat, Dil Dhadakne Do, Kill Dill, Simmba, Ladies vs Ricky Bahl, Finding Fanny, Gunday, and Befikre. Additionally, Ranveer was featured by GQ in their listing of the 50 most influential young Indians of 2017 and 2019, and in 2019, India Today featured him among the nation’s 50 most powerful people. He also launched his own record label named IncInk in 2019 to promote local musicians.
Ranveer Singh Bhavnani
Ranveer Singh, Bittoo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ranveer has enrolled himself at H.R. College of Commerce and Economics in Mumbai. Later, he minored in theatres and attended Indiana University (Bloomington) in the United States to pursue a degree in Bachelor of Arts. In between his study period, he planned to become an actor, but dropped the idea and instead focused on creative writing. But, after attending Indiana University, he again got interested to become an actor in Bollywood films.
- Father – Jagjit Singh Bhavnani
- Mother – Anju Bhavnani
- Siblings – Ritika Bhavnani (Elder Sister)
- Relatives – Sonam Kapoor (Actress) (Relative), Rhea Kapoor (Producer)
- In 2010, Ranveer signed with YRF Talent, a talent agency run by the production house Yash Raj Films. He parted ways with them after 12 years together in November 2022.
- He is also represented by William Morris Endeavor (WME).
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $20 Million.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
81 kg or 178.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ranveer Singh has dated –
- Ahana Deol – Ranveer dated Ahana before he became well known as an actor. The duo broke up in 2010.
- Anushka Sharma (2010) – After getting separated from Ahana Deol, Ranveer was RUMORed to be dating his Band Baaja Baaraat co-star, Anushka Sharma. They first met on the set of this movie. Ranveer also shares some ON-screen kissing scenes with Anushka.
- Sonakshi Sinha (2012) – The duo came close during the filming of the 2013 movie Lootera. She went on a date with Ranveer on Valentine’s day on February 14, 2012, but soon, she was scolded by her father, Shatrughan Sinha for doing so. As a result, the relationship came to an end.
- Deepika Padukone (2013-Present) – Ramleela co-stars, Deepika Padukone and Ranveer started dating in 2013. They had been seen getting cozy during the parties multiple times. But, neither of them confirmed their relationship at that time. Their relationship grew stronger with time and in November 2018, the couple got married at Lake Como, Italy in a Konkani ceremony.
Race / Ethnicity
Athletic build but lean body
He is speculated to wear a shoe of size 10.
Provogue (2012), Durex (2014), Adidas, Head & Shoulders, Ching’s, Jack & Jones, Thums Up, CoinSwitch Kuber (2021), and many others.
In October 2023, he teamed with Adidas Originals for a new campaign celebrating 3 silhouettes from the Three Stripe archive.
Best Known For
His debut film Band Baaja Baaraat (2010) as Bittoo Sharma. He also received “Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut”.
Ranveer debuted with the 2010 Bollywood romance comedy film Band Baaja Baaraat as Bittoo Sharma.
Ranveer Singh worked really hard for his 2013 film Ramleela. Read his complete workout routine and diet plan.
Ranveer Singh’s Favorite Things
- Cuisine – Chinese
- Party Destination – Goa
- Actress – Kareena Kapoor
Ranveer Singh Facts
- Ranveer had always dreamt of becoming an actor. Though, for a couple of months, during his college days, he dropped this idea of coming into this show business as an actor, and instead focused on creative writing.
- He has had a “one-night stand” and that too more than once.
- Pagani Zonda is his dream car.
- He had a celebrity crush on Madhuri Dixit, Sonali Bendre, and Raveena Tandon.
- He does not have an interest in reading. However, he read scripts.
- In Bollywood, he had also worked as an assistant director, previously.
- To play Bittoo Sharma in Band Baaja Baaraat (2010), Ranveer was sent to Delhi University by the director of the movie, Maneesh Sharma so as to get inspiration for the role from there.
- He portrayed the character of Alauddin Khalji, the 2nd and most powerful ruler of the Khalji dynasty that ruled the Delhi Sultanate, in the 2018 Hindi-language epic period drama film titled Padmaavat. The film became one of the most expensive Indian films ever made with a production budget of ₹215 crores (US$30 million) and also became the 10th highest-grossing Indian film of all time.
- For his role in Padmaavat, he won the Filmfare Critics Award for “Best Actor” and was also nominated for Filmfare Award for “Best Actor”.
- In May 2021, Ranveer had purchased a Lamborghini Urus Pearl Capsule Edition which was launched in India for INR 3.43 crore (ex-showroom price). Towards the end of 2019, he had purchased a red-colored Lamborghini Urus.
- In July 2021, Ranveer had purchased a Mercedes-Maybach GLS 600 worth INR 2.43 crore which was launched in June 2021.
- In October 2021, he was announced as the brand ambassador of India’s crypto exchange, CoinSwitch Kuber.
- From October 2021 to January 2022, he had hosted the game show The Big Picture.
- In July 2022, Ranveer and Deepika had bought a sea-view apartment in Sagar Resham tower in Bandra, Mumbai, for INR 118.94 crore which was a quadruplex (on the 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th floors). He purchased the property via his company, Oh Five Oh Media Works which had a total carpet area of 11,266 sq ft and 19 car parking spaces. He paid INR 7.13 crore as stamp duty.
- On July 8, 2022, he was seen on Netflix’s Wild With Bear Grylls.
- In July 2022, Ranveer Singh posed n*de in an article for Paper Magazine. It created quite a buzz in the country amongst women with many criticizing him. Hence, an FIR was filed against him by an NGO for posting nude pictures online and hurting the sentiments of women. In reaction to his nude photoshoot, an NGO ‘Neki Ki Deewar’ in Indore, Madhya Pradesh India had also organized a clothes donation drive to be donated to Ranveer Singh.
- Just after posing n*de for Paper Magazine, he was invited to pose n*de again for a PETA India campaign to promote veganism.
- Ranveer won the Filmfare Award for Best Actor for film 83 during the 67th Filmfare Awards held in 2022.
- In February 2023, Ranveer Singh played basketball for Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade‘s team in the NBA All-Star Game 2023 which was held in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S.
- With a brand value of $181.7 million, Ranveer Singh was the most-valued celebrity of 2022 as per Kroll’s Celebrity Brand Valuation Report. Virat Kohli was #2 with a brand value of $176.9 million.
- In May 2023, Ranveer signed a contract with the Hollywood talent agency William Morris Endeavor (WME) for global representation.
- For the 2023 film Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani, Ranveer reportedly charged ₹25 crores.
- Ranveer chose to drop his real surname, Bhavnani because he found his original full name “too long” and thought ‘Ranveer Singh’ sounded short and crisp.
- While attending Indiana University, Ranveer used to work as a server at Starbucks.
- In the past, Ranveer used to work as a copywriter at advertising agencies like O&M and J Walter Thompson. However, he later decided to quit in order to pursue a career in Bollywood.
- Ranveer is a die-hard fan of Govinda. Also, Govinda’s role in the 1994 film Raja Babu is his spirit character.