|Dwyane Wade Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1982|
Dwyane Wade is an American former professional basketball player who is best known for his career with the Miami Heat of the National Basketball Association. As of May 2022, he has been an 8-time member of the All-NBA Team and a 13-time NBA All-Star. In the past, Dwyane has played for numerous other teams such as Chicago Bulls and Cleveland Cavaliers. He has also served as the host of the American adaptation of The Cube. During the course of his basketball career, he has received several honors such as Miami Heat‘s “All-time assists leader”, Best Breakthrough Athlete ESPY Award, Best NBA Player ESPY Award, Sports Illustrated‘s “Sportsman of the Year”, Sporting News‘ “Sportsman of the Year”, and many more.
Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr.
Wade, Flash, D-Wade, The Flash
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Wade studied at Harold L. Richards High School in Oak Lawn. Once he graduated from high school, Dwyane became wanted by three different college programs (Illinois State, DePaul University, Marquette University), but he decided to join Marquette University and play for coach Tom Crean.
In the first season at Marquette, Wade couldn’t play because of his bad academic degrees which were below the official standards set by NCAA. Eventually, Dwyane began playing in his sophomore year and won the Conference USA regular-season championship. After the season was over, Wade decided to forgo the rest of his college years and enter the 2003 NBA Draft instead.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Dwyane Wade, Sr.
- Mother – Jolinda Wade
- Siblings – Darnell McDaniel (Brother), Tragil Wade (Sister), Demetris McDaniel (Brother), Kodhmus McDaniel (Brother), Deanna Wade (Sister)
Dwyane is signed with Henry Thomas.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
100 kg or 220 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dwyane Wade dated –
- Siohvaughn Wade (1992-2010) – Wade met Siohvaughn back in his high school days at Harold L. Richards High School and began dating her in 1992. After 9 years in a relationship, the couple engaged in June 2001 and married over a half-year later in February 2002. Dwyane and Siohvaughn had a really tough marriage and decided to separate in November 2007. After almost 3 years since they parted ways on June 25, 2010, they officially divorced. Together the ex-couple have a son Zaire Blessing Dwyane (b. February 2002) and transgender girl Zion ‘Zaya’ Malachi Airamis Wade (b. May 29, 2007). In November 2022, Siohvaughn accused Dwyane of pressuring daughter Zaya to change her name and gender for profit.
- Kelly Rowland (2007) – In 2007, Dwyane was in a brief relationship with the singer Kelly Rowland.
- Vanessa Simmons (2008) – RUMOR
- Aja Metoyer (2011) – In 2011, D-Wade had an encounter with Aja Metoyer with whom he has a son Xavier Zechariah Wade (b. November 10, 2013).
- Gabrielle Union (2009-Present) – In October 2009, D-Wade commenced dating the actress Gabrielle Union. Their romance went through a short break in 2011 because of Gabrielle’s acting career which led to an affair between her boyfriend Dwyane and Aja Metoyer. However, Union later admitted that it was her fault for putting her career over her relationship with D-Wade. The couple reunited briefly after the affair of Dwyane and engaged 2 years after on December 21, 2013. On August 30, 2014, Dwyane and Gabrielle crowned their relationship with a marriage in a ceremony held in Miami, Florida. The couple has a child together, a daughter Kaavia Union Wade who was born via surrogacy on November 7, 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
- Muscular Body
- Ear piercing
- Big lips
Dwyane Wade’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 48 in or 122 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15.5 in or 39.5 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Dwyane has signed sponsorship contracts with Gatorade, Staples, Sean John, T-Mobile, Topps, Lincoln, Naked, The Collection, Hublot, Mission, Stance, Pepperidge Farm, The Tie Bar, Pahlmeyer, Converse (He had his own line of shoes named “The Wade”), Nike Jordan Brand (2009-2010 season) and Li-Ning (2012).
In 2006, he was seen in print ads for the Card Geek card collectors website.
Wade is a devoted Christian. Since his high school days, he wears number 3 on his jersey because it represents the Holy Trinity.
Best Known For
Being one of the most explosive shooting guards of his generation. Wade is also known for being a three-time NBA Champion with the Miami Heat (2006, 2012, and 2013).
First Basketball Match
Wade played his first NBA match on October 28, 2003, against the Philadelphia 76ers. The Heat lost the game by 15 with the final result being 89-74. Wade spent 41 minutes on the court and contributed with 18 points, 4 assists, and 4 rebounds.
- Offensive moves (Euro Step)
- Fade Away Shots
- Energy and Passion
As an actor, in 2012, Dwyane appeared in the movie What to Expect When You’re Expecting as Dwyane Wade.
First TV Show
Other than basketball matches itself, Wade has been seen in the TV show Tuesday Night with Ahmad in 2000 as himself (Dwyane Wade).
Dwyane has been recognized as one of the most athletic guards in the NBA. His vertical leap and first step explosion have been signature to his game style. It is very clear that D-Wade has been working really hard on both, on his athletic potential and skills with the ball which can be seen on the court. There are numerous videos of his workouts which can be seen on the following links –
Dwyane Wade Favorite Things
- Food – Chicken and mashed potatoes
- Musical Artist – 50 Cent, Jay-Z, R. Kelly
- NBA Team Growing Up – Chicago Bulls
- NBA Player – Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen
- NFL Team – Chicago Bears
- Movies – He Got Game (1998), Boomerang (1992), Love and Basketball (2000), Remember the Titans (2000)
- Actor – Omar Epps, Denzel Washington
- Restaurants – Home Run Inn Pizza, Harolds Chicken Shack, McDonald’s
- Music – Rap, R&B
- TV Show – Knight Rider (1982-1986)
- Place to Visit – Italy
Source – Heatnation.com, Insidehoops.com
Dwyane Wade Facts
- As a kid, Wade idolized Michael Jordan.
- Wade stated that he had a really rough childhood, with his mom being on drugs and his family involved in gangs. He also was the witness of numerous police raids and has seen dead bodies in a trash can near his house.
- His parents parted ways when he was 4 months old. They divorced later.
- D-Wade’s mother was charged with dealing drugs and doing other crimes and served 23 months in prison. She finished her sentence on March 5, 2003, and on March 8, she witnessed D-Wade’s terrific performance in the Conference USA regular-season championship against Cincinnati when he scored 26 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and dished five assists.
- He played as a receiver in his high school football team.
- In the 2003 NBA Draft, “Flash” was selected as the 5th overall pick by the Miami Heat.
- He performed at the 2006 All-Star Game and made the game-winning shot for the East.
- Wade won the 2006 NBA Finals MVP award after in the finals, he averaged huge number of 34.7 points per game.
- On July 10, 2015, Dwyane extended his contract with the Heat for one more year. His deal was worth 20 million dollars.
- On July 6, 2016, D-Wade shifted to Chicago Bulls and on 15 July, penned a two-year contract worth 47.5 million dollars.
- He competed for the USA’s national team at the 2006 FIBA World Championship in Japan. The Americans failed short in the semi-finals and could win only the bronze medal.
- He didn’t perform at the 2012 Olympic games in London because of knee surgery.
- His nickname “Flash” was given by his ex-teammate Shaquille O’Neal who stated that Wade was one of the fastest and most explosive guards he has ever played with.
- Dwyane’s jersey was on top of the seller’s list during the 2006 NBA Playoffs.
- In 2005, D-Wade was part of the list of People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People.
- In 2006, GQ Magazine chose Wade for the best dressed NBA player.
- He founded The Wade’s World Foundation in 2003 which has a supporting program for each organization that promotes education, social skills, and health for children.
- In September 2009, he helped Robbins, Illinois public library to stay active by donating money from his foundation.
- He supports St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- In May 2008, Dwyane bought a church for his mother who became a Baptist minister in January 2007.
- In 2020, Dwyane was included in Time‘s “100 most influential people” list.
- In January 2021, Dwyane tweeted and said that he was trying to convince his wife Gabrielle to join OnlyFans.
- In November 2022, Dwyane got his wife, Gabrielle’s initials tattooed on his wrist during a family trip to South Africa. This was his 17th tattoo.
- In February 2023, Dwyane and Gabrielle received the “President’s Award” at the 54th NAACP Awards.