|Kwak Si-yang Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 15, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kwak Si-yang is a South Korean actor and musician. He has been cast in a variety of shows and movies which include Oh My Ghost, Night Flight, Lovers of the Red Sky, The Witness, Sori: Voice From The Heart, Fight for My Way, Mirror of the Witch, Elephant in the Room, Welcome 2 Life, Lost Time, Second To Last Love, Familyhood, We Got Married, The Battle of Jangsari, Minamdang, Alice, Idol: The Coup, Chicago Typewriter, Three Color Fantasy – Queen of the Ring, Glorious Day, Law of the Jungle in Sumatra, My Little Old Boy, One More Happy Ending, All is Well, Sea Police, Genesis, Strange Visitor, and Persevere, Goo Hae-ra.
Seoul, South Korea
Kwak Si-yang studied at Dankook University, a private research university located in South Korea.
Kwak Si-yang has been signed with Drawing Entertainment.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Kwak Si-yang is of Korean descent.
Kwak Si-yang Facts
- He appeared as Shin Yong-joo in the 2014 drama film Night Flight and this role got him nominated for a Wildflower Film Award in the “Best New Actor” category.
- He was a member of the project group One O One which also included actors like Ahn Hyo-seop, Song Won-seok, and Kwon Do-kyun.
- In 2015, Kwak Si-yang played Seo Joon, chef at Sun Restaurant who studied at Le Cordon Bleu, in the romantic thriller comedy-drama television series Oh My Ghost.
- For his performance as Kang Gi-chan in the daily drama All is Well, he bagged the KBS Drama Award in the “Excellence Award, Actor in a Daily Drama” category in 2015.
- Alongside Kim Hee-ae and Ji Jin-hee, Kwak Si-yang co-starred as Park Joon-woo, a 35-year-old man who is the owner of healing cafe “Rest”, in the television romantic series Second to Last Love in 2016. This role won him the “New Star Award” at the SBS Drama Awards while he also got nominated for an APAN Star Award in the “Best New Actor” category.
- He co-starred as Tae-ho in the 2018 crime thriller film The Witness.
- Kwak Si-yang played Goo Dong-tae, a police officer who is Si-on’s partner, in the 2019 fantasy romantic comedy series Welcome 2 Life. This got him nominated for an MBC Drama Award for “Excellence Award, Actor in a Monday-Tuesday Miniseries”.
- In 2019, he was seen as Park Chan-nyeon in the action-war film The Battle of Jangsari.
- He was cast in the supporting role of Yoo Min-hyuk, a passionate agent of Alice and time traveler who gave up the most important person in his life for Alice, in the romantic sci-fi television series Alice in 2020. For this, Kwak Si-yang received a nomination at the SBS Drama Awards in the “Excellence Award, Actor in a Miniseries Fantasy / Romance Drama” category.
- In 2021, Kwak Si-yang brought to life the character of Grand Prince Juhyang (Yi Hu), the 2nd son of King Seongjo, in the historical fantasy romance television series Lovers of the Red Sky. His co-stars for the project included Kim Yoo-jung, Ahn Hyo-seop, and Gong Myung and this performance won him the SBS Drama Award for “Best Character Award, Actor”.
Featured Image by Kwak Siyang / bassohomme.sgsegye.com / CC BY-SA 4.0