|Kim Hee-ae Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4½ in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1967|
Kim Hee-ae is a South Korean actor and model who is best known for having been cast in shows like Sons and Daughters, The World of the Married, How Long I’ve Kissed, My Husband’s Woman, Secret Affair, Perfect Love, Sisters Over Flowers, Second To Last Love, A Woman’s Heart, Beyond the Mountains, Forget Tomorrow, Wife, Love and Marriage, Midas, Precious Family, and others. In addition to that, she has also appeared in many movies including Moonlit Winter, The Hero Comes Back, Herstory, The Vanished, The 101st Proposition, C’est Si Bon, My Love Jjang-gu, and Thread of Lies.
Jeju City, South Korea
Kim Hee-ae studied at Hyehwa Girls’ High School and it was there that she was discovered by the younger brother of one of her teachers. The man had been visiting the school by chance and worked for an advertising agency.
Later, she got enrolled at Chung-Ang University as a Theater and Film major. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theater and Film and also has a Master’s degree in Communication and Journalism.
- Siblings – She has an older sister.
Kim Hee-ae has been signed with YG Entertainment.
5 ft 4½ in or 164 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kim Hee-ae has dated –
- Lee Chan-jin (1996-Present) – She got married to Lee Chan-jin, CEO of the web portal DreamWiz, in 1996. The duo has been blessed with 2 sons.
Race / Ethnicity
Kim Hee-ae is of Korean descent.
In 1982, Kim Hee-ae was cast in a commercial for a school uniform brand.
Kim Hee-ae Facts
- She was born in Jeju City and her family later shifted to Seoul.
- She made her acting debut in the film The First Day of the Twentieth Year in 1983.
- In 2012, Kim Hee-ae was cast as Yoon Seo-rae in the romantic drama television series How Long I’ve Kissed. This won her the 49th Baeksang Arts Award in the “Best Actress (TV)” category.
- She played Hyun-sook, a widowed single mother who is raising 2 teenage daughters while working at a big grocery store, in the 2014 drama film Thread of Lies. This marked Kim Hee-ae’s return to the big screen after a 21-year absence.
- She was one of 30 Catholic celebrities who appeared in the 2014 music video for the digital single titled Koinonia to commemorate Pope Francis’s visit to South Korea. It was the first time in 19 years that the pope visited Asia.
- Kim Hee-ae brought to life the character of Moon Jung-sook in the 2018 drama film Herstory. For this role, she was awarded as the “Best Actress” at both the 27th Buil Film Awards and the 2nd Korea China International Film Festival. She also bagged the 6th Marie Claire Asia Star Award for “Actress of the Year”.
- Alongside Yūko Nakamura and Kim So-hye, she co-starred as Yoon-hee in the 2019 film Moonlit Winter.
- In 2020, Kim Hee-ae co-starred as Ji Sun-woo, a doctor at Family Love Hospital who is happily married to aspiring film director Lee Tae-oh, in the family romantic thriller television series The World of the Married. This performance won her the 2nd Asia Contents Award for “Best Actress” and the 56th Baeksang Arts Award for “Best Actress (TV)”.
Featured Image by PARKJAEHWAN.2019 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0