|Gong Myung Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 26, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Gong Myung is a South Korean actor, singer, musician, television personality, and host. He was a member of 5urprise, the first-ever South Korean actor group launched by talent agency Fantagio in September 2013. Gong Myung has been a part of a number of shows which include the likes of Bomi’s Room, Splendid Politics, Entertainer, Beautiful You, Be Melodramatic, Drinking Solo, The Bride of Habaek, The Happy Loner, Lovers of the Red Sky, Mystery Freshman, Revolutionary Love, Feel Good to Die, We Got Married, Recipe for Happiness, After School: Lucky or Not, Infinite Power, Law of the Jungle: Kota Manado, Song Ji-hyo‘s Beauty View, House on Wheels 3, and Brain, Your Choice Of Romance. In addition to that, his film credits include A Girl at My Door, Extreme Job, Homme Fatale, Hansan: Rising Dragon, 20th Century Girl, Citizen Deok Hee, If You Were Me 6, Futureless Things, Su Saek, Recipe for Happiness, Ice River, and Killing Romance.
Guri, Gyeonggi, South Korea
Gong Myung studied at Topyeong High School in Guri, South Korea.
Actor, Singer, Musician, Television Personality, Host
- Siblings – Doyoung (b. Kim Dong-young) (Younger Brother) (Singer, Musician, Actor, Host, Musical Actor, Member of the boy group NCT)
Gong Myung has been signed with –
- Saram Entertainment
- Fantagio (Former)
6 ft or 183 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Gong Myung is of Korean decsent.
Gong Myung Facts
- His fellow 5urprise members were Yoo Il, Seo Kang-joon, Kang Tae-oh, and Lee Tae-hwan.
- He was cast as Jin Gong-myung in the romantic comedy-drama series Drinking Solo in 2016 and this role got him nominated for the “Rookie of the Year Award” at the Asia Artist Awards as well as “Best New Actor – Television” at the Baeksang Arts Awards.
- Gong Myung received the Special Acting Award at the Asia Culture and Economy Grand Awards in 2017.
- He brought to life the character of Bi-ryeom/Ahn-bin (the god of the Land of the Sky and a familiar face from So-ah’s past) in the fantasy romantic comedy television show The Bride of Habaek in 2017.
- It was reported on November 8, 2018, that he had been involved in a car accident. He suffered an injury to his face but it was nothing severe.
- Alongside Ryu Seung-ryong, Lee Hanee, Jin Seon-kyu, and Lee Dong-hwi, Gong Myung co-starred as Detective Jae-hoon (the enthusiastic, youngest team member) in the 2019 action comedy film Extreme Job. For this role, Myung won the award for “Best New Actor” at the Chunsa Film Art Awards, Korea Best Star Award, and Korea Youth Film Festival as well as got nominated for a Baeksang Arts Award, Blue Dragon Film Award, Buil Film Award, and Grand Bell Award.
- He played Chu Jae-hoon in the romantic comedy show Be Melodramatic in 2019.
- He has appeared in music videos for songs like Winter Breath by 10CM and Moving On by Cho Kyu-hyun.
- Along with Kim Yoo-jung, Ahn Hyo-seop, and Kwak Si-yang, Gong Myung co-starred as Grand Prince Yangmyeong (Yi Yul) (the 3rd son of King Seongjo who is known to be an expert at painting, calligraphy, and poetry) in the historical romantic fantasy television series Lovers of the Red Sky in 2021. This performance got him nominated for an SBS Drama Award in the “Excellence Award for an Actor in a Mini-Series Genre/Fantasy Drama” category.
- He enjoys watching movies/dramas.
- Gong Myung has been trained in Taekwondo.
- It was reported on November 5, 2021, that he had received a summon for mandatory military service. On December 14, 2021, he enlisted in the military and decided not to reveal his location in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. He got discharged on June 13, 2023.
Featured Image by Korea Dispatch / YouTube / CC BY 3.0