|Cho Kyu-hyun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 3, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Cho Kyu-hyun is a South Korean singer, actor, and television host who is known for being the main vocalist and maknae of the popular boy band, Super Junior, which has released a number of albums, extended plays, and tracks such as Don’t Don, I Think U, Santa U Are the One, Bonamana, Mamacita, Time_Slip, One More Time, and Lo Siento. Apart from that, he has also accrued a huge social media fan base for himself and enjoys more than 2 million followers on Twitter, more than 1.5 million followers on Instagram, and more than 500k subscribers on YouTube.
Kyuhyun, Marcus Cho, Skykyu, Gamekyu
Hagye-dong, Nowon, Seoul, South Korea
Cho Kyu-hyun studied at Kyung hee University located in Seoul, South Korea.
Singer, Actor, Television Host
- Father – Cho Young-hwan (Worked for the Korean Housing Corporation before opening various educational institutes in Korea)
- Mother – Kim Hanna (Businesswoman)
- Sibling – Ara (Older Sister) (Violinist)
Cho Kyu-hyun is represented by SM Entertainment.
K-pop, R&B, Ballad
Vocals, Clarinet, Keyboard, Piano, Harmonica
SM Entertainment, Label SJ
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Arched eyebrows
- Often sports messy hair
Cho Kyu-hyun has done endorsement work for a number of brands including Pepsi, Yamaha, 12Plus, SPAO, Kyochon Chicken, LG phone, Tony Moly, Lotte Duty Free, and Bonrich.
Cho Kyu-hyun Favorite Things
- Food – Chopped Pork, Seafood, Jajangmyeon
Cho Kyu-hyun Facts
- ‘Marcus Cho’ is his English name.
- Cho Kyu-hyun was not a part of Super Junior when the group debuted and he joined the boy band later in 2006.
- His Super Junior bandmates include Donghae, Heechul, Yesung, Shindong, Leeteuk, Sungmin, Siwon, Ryeowook, and Eunhyuk.
- He was in a very severe car accident that took place on April 19, 2007, while he was returning from a Super Junior Kiss the Radio show along with Leeteuk, Shindong, Eunhyuk, and two managers. He suffered the worst injuries and even his chance at survival was quite low.
- On February 8, 2017, Cho Kyu-hyun released his first Japanese album, One Voice, which included tracks such as Lost My Way, Love to Love, Terminal, and Beautiful.
- He began his mandatory military services on May 25, 2017, and was trained at the Nonsan Army Training Cente. He became the last person to begin military service which completed on May 7, 2019.
- Some of his hobbies include singing, listening to music, playing games, reading books, and watching movies.
- Super Junior has also won many awards including Asia Artist Awards, Gaon Chart Music Awards, Melon Music Awards, and Seoul Music Awards.
- Cho Kyu-hyun enjoys skiing and loves snow and that is how he got nicknamed ‘Skykyu’.
- His theatre credits include having played several roles in productions such as Gwynplaine in The Man Who Laughs, D’Artagnan in The Three Musketeers, Frank Abagnale Jr. in Catch Me If You Can, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in Mozart!, and Don Lockwood in Singin’ in the Rain.
- Over the years, Cho Kyu-hyun has appeared in several shows and movies like I AM. – SM Town Live World Tour in Madison Square Garden, Super Show 3 3D, Super Show 4 3D, Bongsun, the Woman Who Dies if She Loves, King of Mask Singer, Star Family Show Mamma Mia, and We Got Married.
- He is also a part of sub-units like Super Junior-K.R.Y. and Super Junior-M.
Featured Image by Excentrique / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0