|Michael Jai White Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1964|
Michael Jai White is an American actor, director, writer, producer, voice actor, and martial artist. He is known for playing CIA Agent Al Simmons/Spawn in the superhero film Spawn, Marcus Williams in the television sitcom Tyler Perry‘s For Better or Worse, Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger in the superhero series Arrow, Mike Tyson in the 1995 HBO television movie Tyson, Dr. Derrick Hatcher in the medical drama series Wonderland, Marcus Williams in the comedy-drama films Why Did I Get Married? and Why Did I Get Married Too?, Major Jackson “Jax” Briggs in the action/martial arts series Mortal Kombat: Legacy, Cyborg Seth in the science fiction action film Universal Soldier: The Return, Ellis Hayes in the drama series Clubhouse, John ‘Falcon’ Chapman in the action-adventure film Falcon Rising, Orlando Hudson in the crime-mystery film Making a Killing, and Sparks in the action thriller film Rogue Hostage.
Michael Richard Jai White
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Michael Jai White went to the Central High School and then to the University of Connecticut.
However, he didn’t complete his studies there and moved to Southern Connecticut State University. He also changed his majors a couple of times, discarding engineering as well as political science.
Actor, Director, Writer, Producer, Voice Actor, Martial Artist
- Father – Left before his birth
- Mother – Renel (School Teacher)
- Siblings – None
Michael Jai White has been signed with –
- Baumgarten Management and Productions
- Zero Gravity Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $3.5 Million.
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
94 kg or 207 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael Jai White has dated –
- Sallie Toussaint – Michael Jai White was RUMORed to have had an affair with the former beauty queen and actor Sallie Toussaint.
- Tasha Smith – He was romantically involved with actor, director, and producer Tasha Smith in the past.
- Adrienne-Joi Johnson (2004) – White started going out with actor and fitness coach Adrienne-Joi Johnson in 2004. Their relationship became public knowledge after they decided to step out together on the red carpet at the Soul Music Awards in June 2004.
- Courtenay Chatman (2005-2011) – Michael started going out with gynecologist Courtenay Chatman in 2005 after having met through mutual friends. She didn’t even know that Michael was an actor. After going out for almost 4 years, Chatman proposed to White in January 2009. Two days later, they got married at the Four Seasons Hotel in Santa Barbara. However, their relationship didn’t last long and Chatman filed for divorce in 2011 as White had cheated on her with model Claudia Jordan. They share a daughter, Morgan (b. December 2008). By then, he already had two sons from other relationships.
- Claudia Jordan (2008-2011) – White started his ON and OFF affair with model and actor Claudia Jordan in 2008. Michael used to pay regular nightly visits to Claudia’s house, which was just a mile away from the house he shared with his wife. Their affair lasted for around 3 years and ended soon after the end of his marriage.
- Gillian Waters (2013-Present) – Michael started going out with actor Gillian Waters in 2013. White proposed to Waters in February 2014 and they got married in an extravagant ceremony in Thailand in June 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
Michael Jai White is of African-American descent.
- Muscular and imposing body
- Trademark goatee
- Deep menacing voice
His body specifications might be –
- Chest – 51 in or 129.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 18 in or 46 cm
- Waist – 36 in or 91.5 cm
Michael Jai White has starred in TV commercials for –
- Old Spice
- Burger King’s mini muffins (1990)
Best Known For
- Being the first African-American actor to play a superhero, the distinction which he achieved by playing the main lead in the 1997 movie, Spawn
- Playing the role of legendary boxer Mike Tyson in the HBO TV movie Tyson (1995)
He made his first film appearance in the 1989 comedy horror film The Toxic Avenger Part II as Apocalypse Inc. Executive.
First TV Show
White first appeared in the NBC sitcom Saved by the Bell in 1992.
Michael Jai White works out five days a week with Thursday and Sunday being his off days. His typical morning workout routine comprises of a 45-minute cardio session that could include treadmill, running, stair-mill, or heavy bag movements.
His strength and conditioning training routines stretch to about 90 minutes and usually take place in the afternoon or evening. These exercises include lifting weights and kettlebells, exercises involving pull-up bars, sit-ups, pushups, and martial art exercises.
As he uses weight training for pure toning purposes, he performs four sets of 15 reps per exercise and limits each body part training to about 12 sets. Also, he performs weight training exercises in a slightly different way. He lowers the weight very slowly and follows the reverse course in an explosive movement. He basically throws weight at the top of the exercise.
Michael Jai White Favorite Things
- Exercise – Pull-ups
- Films – The Princess Bride (1987), Monty Python and The Holy Grail (1975), Enter The Dragon (1973), Say Anything… (1989), Coming to America (1988)
Michael Jai White Facts
- Before kicking off his acting career, he used to work as a teacher for emotionally disturbed students at a local school in Bridgeport.
- In an audition for the role of Mike Tyson in the 1995 TV movie Tyson, he had to compete with over one thousand applicants and only managed to be selected due to his impressive martial arts skills.
- He started learning martial arts at the age of 7, and his first trainer agreed to teach him for free after being impressed by his demonstration in the first class.
- He has achieved black belts in 7 different martial arts disciplines – Kyokushin, Tang Soo Do, Wushu, Taekwondo, Kobudo, Shotokan, and Goju Ryu.
- Due to conflicts with his mother, he left home at 14, got mixed up with the bad crowd, and started working as an enforcer for the local mafia.
- At the age of 15, he was shot twice with one bullet piercing his hip and the other his arm. This incident proved to be a wake-up call, and he started to focus more on studies and sports.
- In 2015, he was honored with an induction into the International Sports Hall of Fame.
- Apart from English, he can speak Japanese and Mandarin with some proficiency.
- He has often trained with famous action star Jean-Claude Van Damme.
- He provided vocals to the character of Bronze Tiger in the 2021 animated direct-to-video superhero film Batman: Soul of the Dragon. It is the 40th film of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies.
- In August 2021, Michael revealed that his oldest son had passed away due to COVID-19 at the age of 38.