|Beth Crowley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||August 9, 1988|
Beth Crowley is an American singer, musician, and social media star best known for her YouTube channel of the same name which has amassed a fanbase of more than 100k subscribers. She created the channel on April 20, 2007, but 1st gained prominence after the release of her original song titled Greatest Song Ever Written in October 2011. The song, based on the comedic group Axis of Awesome, garnered a lot of attention and was featured online on Reddit, Buzzfeed, and Tyler Oakley‘s blog. Besides music, she has also published videos regarding her real life, mental health, covered well-known songs, and uploaded book discussions. Beth wrote one of her best-known original songs, Warrior (2013), inspired by the book series by Cassandra Clare, The Mortal Instruments. Her fans petitioned Cassandra to include the song in the film adaptation of the books, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones (2013).
Although the movie was a prominent theatrical release starring Lily Collins, Jamie Campbell Bower, and Lena Headey, her song didn’t make the official soundtrack. The song was released as a single that year and landed a spot on her debut studio album, Porcelain Heart in September 2014. Next year, she also released a compilation album titled 2014: A 90 Second Song Collection as well as her debut EP titled Come Alive. Beth also released her 2nd EP, What You Need in 2017, followed by well-known singles I Am Not Nothing and Reasons. The year of 2018 saw the release of her singles I Scare Myself, Standstill, Happy, Eyes Wide Open, Done., Wild Heart, and Close the Door. In 2019, Beth released singles such as Classic, Empty Words, Too Late for Me, With You, as well as a 4-song EP, Porcelain Heart (Reimagined), featuring her best-known songs from 2014 album.
Georgia, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Beth attended the University of Georgia in Athens, Georgia, United States.
Singer, Social Media Star, Musician
- Siblings – Kate Johnson (Younger Sister)
Beth Crowley has chosen to self-manage her career.
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Violin
Beth Crowley Music (Self-released)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Beth Crowley has dated –
- Mark Crowley (2009-Present) – During her sophomore year, she went to a party with a friend of hers. It was there that she met and chatted with Mark but he never asked for her phone number. Her friend saved the night, gave him Beth’s number and demanded he calls her. He did, of course, and the two got married in her junior year of college on July 31, 2010. They lived together in Athens, Georgia, United States, for a little while, and then moved to St. Simons, a small beach town in Georgia. She was unemployed and bored but luckily used the keyboard she got as a gift from Mark for their 1st anniversary to get back to music. After a long period of struggling with mental health and depression, she finally wrote a montage in the form of a song she named Greatest Song Ever Written. Around 2013, she and Mark moved to Nashville, Tennessee with 2 cats named Grover and Delia. He was always supportive of all of her passions and pursued music himself. The move to that town was deliberate due to a lot of record labels and studios present there. Her initial goal was to write and record a 4 to 5-song EP and fund it through Kickstarter. She made a successful fundraising campaign, a spoof on “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” that she titled “Do You Want to Make an Album?”. The EP turned into a full length, debut studio album titled Porcelain Heart (2014). Mark remained fully supportive throughout that time and later accompanied her on a trip of she always wanted to go on – to the Harry Potter Studios in London, England, the United Kingdom in July 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of American descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Dark Brown’ in the past.
Best Known For
- Her original singles, Greatest Song Ever Written (2011) and Warrior (2013)
- Her debut studio album, Porcelain Heart (2014) and her 2 EPs Come Alive (2015) and What You Need (2017)
- Having a social media fanbase online with more than 100k subscribers on her YouTube channel
Beth Crowley released her debut studio album on September 2, 2014, titled Porcelain Heart. Besides her 2013 single, Warrior, it also consisted of 11 other tracks titled Make Me Yours, 2007, How It Ends, Skin and Bones, Porcelain Heart, My Good Days, Nothing Left, This Goodbye, Warrior (Live Acoustic), Pretend It’s Home, and Pretend It’s Home (Live Acoustic).
Beth Crowley Favorite Things
- Book (In 2015) – Mosquitoland by David Arnold
- Books of All Time – Harry Potter series
- Sugary Treat – Cupcakes
Beth Crowley Facts
- As a baby, she was surrounded by her 2 family cats, Pip and Midget.
- Beth loved to sing and dance from an early age. Her 1st memory is of belting out the song Achy Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Cyrus at the age of 4.
- Her dad was her biggest musical influence. He also sang and played the piano.
- Beth loved spending time with her parents, often more than with her peers as they were always supportive of her and her sister.
- She auditioned and performed at all of her elementary school talent shows.
- In the 3rd grade, on an essay about basic needs, Beth wrote about “needing” a puppy. Her parents caved and bought her a Golden Retriever whom she named Goldie.
- In the 8th grade, kids at school shunned her out and called her weird. She could hardly wait for the change of environment when she enrolls in high school.
- Beth used to hate her singing voice around high school. It was the time she realized she had an alto voice that was deeper and wasn’t great in higher ranges. For that reason, she was never cast as a lead in musical plays as those required a soprano that could belt out songs.
- Beth was diagnosed with depression and anxiety in her freshman year of college, following a breakup with her long-time boyfriend.
- During her senior year, she had whooping cough and allergies, or so she thought. After the illness didn’t go away, she was hospitalized for mononucleosis and tonsilitis, and missed a lot of classes that year.
- Beth never aspired to be a master as a pianist. Her goal was to accompany her singing with the music.
- She never writes lyrics or music 1st. For her, the inspiration for both comes at the same time and has to be in harmony.
- Some book series that inspired her music were the Hunger Games, The Fault in Our Stars, the Shatter Me series, Dark Artifices series, the Divergent series, and The Lunar Chronicles.
- She composed the music for a short comedy film, Air Assault (2013).
- One of her most embarrassing moments happened when she had to wear a full-body Spanx costume for a musical play. Despite technically being able to pee while in it, she had troubles and a little bit remained in the costume. The worst part was that the sound technician forgot to disable her microphone, so the whole audience heard the discussion between her and her cast members.
- Her dream collaboration in 2015 was with Grace Helbig.
- Despite neutering her dog Manny in November 2015, she still came up with the name of his “future” children – Doris, Bertha, and Frank. The name Manny is a shortened version of the weird name she made up, Mnmbd Krvtz, which was a product of a very long road trip with her husband.
- She thought her cat Grover would be high-maintenance but later realized her dog needed much more attention and effort.
- Beth can only watch movies that are “a harmony” of 2 genres. If there’s too much romance, for example, she gets bored easily. The same goes for action.
- On a scale of 1 to 10 of being hot, Beth thinks that Matt Daddario was off the charts, at 15.
- Beth never had a problem with singing in front of people but playing the piano made her nervous. That was the reason she dreaded live performances.
- She admitted to being in a “love-hate” relationship with reality-TV. On one hand, she kept saying it was “trashy” but also couldn’t stop watching reality-TV shows Dance Moms and Naked and Afraid.
- If she could go back in time and find her old self, Beth would tell her not to wear “those green fake snakeskin pants, no one could pull that off”.
- When Cassandra Clare, the author of The Mortal Instruments book series, heard her original song Warrior (2013), inspired by the series itself, she called it “lovely.” Beth met Cassandra for the 1st time in person at the BookCon 2016 in Chicago, Illinois, United States.
- Beth announced she was writing a contemporary, young adult (YA) book in 2016.
- J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter book series was someone she thought would probably never meet in real life.
- If she could play any character from Shadowhunters (2016-2019) TV series, based on The Mortal Instruments book series, she would play Isabelle. The reason was simple – she would love to look like Emeraude Toubia, who plays Isabelle in the TV show because she’s gorgeous and exudes “girl power”.
- In June 2019, Beth decided to fulfill the wish she had for a few years. She got a tattoo of a grand piano with a stack of books right next to it, located on her right shoulder blade.
- Visit her official website @ bethcrowley.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Apple Music, Spotify, and SoundCloud.
Featured Image by Beth Crowley / Instagram