|Tasha Smith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||February 28, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tasha Smith is an American actress, director, and producer who has acted in several TV series and films throughout her long-running career. She started her career with the starring role of Tasha King in the sitcom Boston Common (1996–1997). She has gone on to act in TV series such as The Tom Show (1997–1998), Meet the Browns (2009–2010), Tyler Perry‘s For Better or Worse (2011-2017), and Empire (2015-Present). Tasha has also been featured in supporting and cameo roles such as The Whole Ten Yards (2004), Daddy’s Little Girls (2007), Why Did I Get Married? (2007), The Longshots (2008), Couples Retreat (2009), Why Did I Get Married Too? (2010), and Jumping the Broom (2011). She made her directorial debut in 2015 with the short film Boxed In and then directed the 2017 TV movie When Love Kills: The Falicia Blakely Story which went on to become TV One channel’s number 1 original movie premiere of all time.
Camden, Camden County, New Jersey, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tasha had attended the Camden High School in New Jersey. She dropped out in her freshman year and eventually moved to California when she was 19 to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
Actress, Director, Producer
- Mother – Monique Smith
- Siblings – Sidra Smith (Identical Twin Sister) (Casting Director)
She is represented by –
- Marsh Entertainment, Studio City, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Darrell D. Miller, Legal Agent, Fox Rothschild LLP, Los Angeles, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tasha has dated –
- Rory “Keith” Douglas (2009-2015) – Tasha began dating talent manager and her then-manager Rory “Keith” Douglas in 2009. The couple got married in December 2010 and had launched, in 2011, an organic perfume line titled US. In November 2014, she requested a restraining order against Rory on account of multiple alleged instances of adultery. Their marriage was eventually annulled in December 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of African-American descent.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Tasha Smith Facts
- After her father had left the family when she was a young girl, she was primarily raised by her mother.
- For her portrayal of Angela Williams in the sitcom Tyler Perry’s For Better or Worse, she was nominated for an NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) Image Award in the category of ‘Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series in 2014.
- In an interview, she revealed that she used to be an agnostic atheist but converted to Christianity at the age of 25. This was when her father was suffering from sickness and she felt that there was a higher power speaking to her.
- She worked as American singer and songwriter Mary J. Blige‘s acting coach for the role of Florence Jackson in the 2017 historical drama film Mudbound. Mary earned numerous accolades for her performance including Academy Award and Golden Globe nominations.
Featured Image by Tasha Smith / Instagram