|Jonita Gandhi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1989|
Jonita Gandhi is an Indian singer who has recorded songs in various languages including Hindi, Tamil, Punjabi, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Kannada, and Malayalam. Her music has been a part of a number of movies such as Chennai Express, Bangali Babu English Mem, Highway, Lekar Hum Deewana Dil, Gang of Ghosts, Kick 2, O Kadhal Kanmani, Main Aur Charles, OK Bangaram, Pink, Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Enakku Vaaitha Adimaigal, Niruttara, Dangal, Ok Jaanu, Meri Pyaari Bindu, Ami Je Ke Tomar, Boss 2: Back to Rule, FU: Friendship Unlimited, Mom, Dear Maya, Punjab Nahi Jaungi, Jab Harry Met Sejal, Rangreza, Padman, Achcham Yenbadhu Madamaiyada, Laila Majnu, Total Dhamaal, The Extraordinary Journey of the Fakir, Pathinettam Padi, Sanga Thamizhan, The Sky Is Pink, Made In China, Bhangra Paa Le, Dil Bechara, Indoo Ki Jawani, Waah Zindagi, The Girl on the Train, Mudhal Nee Mudivum Nee, Time to Dance, Annabelle Sethupathi, Jayeshbhai Jordaar, The Legend, Beast, Thank You, and Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster 3.
New Delhi, India
She divides her time between Mumbai and Toronto.
Jonita Gandhi went to the Turner Fenton Secondary School. After the completion of her school education, she got enrolled at the Richard Ivey School of Business. She graduated from there with an honors degree in business administration.
Jonita also went to the University of Western Ontario and graduated with a Bachelor of health science.
To polish up her musical skills, she took classes at the Ontario Conservatory of Music, where she received training in western classical music.
- Father – Deepak Gandhi (Electronics engineer and works as a musician as part of a hobby)
- Siblings – Mandeep Gandhi (Brother)
Bollywood, Pop, Dance, Classical, Western, Jazz, Playback
- Zee Music Company
- Sony Music India
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jonita Gandhi is of Punjabi descent.
- High cheekbones
- Thick eyebrows
Jonita Gandhi lent her voice to the TV commercial of Simply Sufi in 2014.
Best Known For
- The popularity of her covers of popular Bollywood songs such as Tujhko Jo Paaya, Pani Da Rang, Suhani Raat, Yeh Honsla, and Tum Hi Ho
- Having contributed songs to the soundtracks of popular Bollywood movies such as Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Chennai Express, Dilwale, Hello, and Pad Man
As a Singer
Jonita has lent her voice to several different language movies including those in Gujarati, Kannada, Telugu, and Bengali. Jonita has also performed for a couple of Pakistani movies such as Punjab Nahi Jaungi and Rangreza.
First TV Show
Jonita Gandhi made her first television show appearance in Coke Studio in 2013.
Jonita Gandhi Favorite Things
- Music Genre – Romantic songs
- Songs – Lag Jaa gale from Woh Kaun Thi, Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjha from Anpadh, and Aji Rooth Kar Kahan Jaiyega from Aarzoo
- International Singer – Beyonce Knowles
- Song To Sing Live – Lag Jaa Gale
Source – Times of India, HighOnScore.com, Bolly Spice
Jonita Gandhi Facts
- She got her early breakthrough in the music industry with the popularity of her covers of popular songs that she posted on her YouTube channel.
- While growing up, she didn’t receive any formal music training. She instead learned all by herself by listening to the songs of Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle.
- After she graduated from the university in 2012, she was selected by Sonu Nigam to be part of his musical tour. She later decided to move to Mumbai to try her luck at playback singing in Bollywood.
- She met music producers Vishal and Shekhar through a mutual friend. They were working on the Chennai Express soundtrack and allowed her to record a scratch on the title track, and eventually decided to keep her song on the album.
- If she hadn’t become a singer, she would have loved to become an investment banker.
- She got into music at a very young age and by the age of 7, she had given her first public performance as her father got her to perform with his band at one of their gigs.
- When she was 7 years old, her family moved to Canada from New Delhi. She grew up in Brampton and Toronto.
- When she was 17 years old, she started collaborating with Akash Gandhi for YouTube videos, which served as her first success.
- Apart from singing in various Indian languages, she can also sing in Italian, French, and German.
- She has often performed in concerts for popular Indian singers such as Amit Trivedi, Pritam, A.R. Rahman, and Salim-Sulaiman.
- Visit her official website @ jonitagandhi.com.
Featured Image by Jonita Gandhi / Instagram