|Kim Yoo-jung Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kim Yoo-jung is a South Korean actress who had started her acting career from the age of just 4, becoming one of the most recognizable young faces in South Korea. She was prolific in her teenage years as well, starring in TV series such as Dong Yi (2010), Moon Embracing the Sun (2012), May Queen (2012), and Angry Mom (2015). By the age of 21, she had already acted in more than 20 movies and more than 30 TV series. Between November 2014 and April 2016, she had also hosted the music show Inkigayo.
Korea’s Little Sister, Sageuk Fairy
Geumho-dong, Sokcho-si, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Kim, in January 2018, had graduated from the Goyang High School of Arts. A year earlier, she had deferred taking the national College Scholastic Ability Test to focus on her acting career.
- Father – Kim Sang-pae
- Mother – Mok Seon-mi
- Siblings – Kim Yeon-jung (Older Sister) (Actress), Kim Bu-gun (Older Brother)
She is represented by Awesome ENT Co., Ltd., Talent Management Agency, Seongdong-gu, Seoul, South Korea.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Korean descent.
- Petite frame
- Center-parted, long, straight hair
- Charming smile
Kim Yoo-jung Facts
- In 2008, Kim had received her first acting award – in the category of ‘Best Child Actress’ for her work in the period action-adventure TV series Iljimae.
- In August 2010, she had joined the ‘Kiss of Love’ campaign through which several products produced by the Seoul Social Welfare Community Chest of Korea, bearing the lip marks and autographs of celebrities, were sold to support the self-reliance and education of children in low-income families.
- In December 2010, she and 33 other actors had participated in a campaign to promote the beauty of Korea under the theme of Hanbok in a ‘Love Sharing Hanbok’ calendar event. All the proceeds from the event were donated to an organization known as Korea Compassion.
- In February 2012, she and several other celebrities had participated in a photography exhibition held by Kolon Sport for its 2012 collection and the modeling fee was used as a donation to serve nearby locals in need.
- In January 2013, she had participated as the first Asian runway main model of a chocolate fashion show called ‘1st Salon Du Chocolat Seoul’. She had not charged a fee for the event.
- In 2017, she was ranked at number 8 on the Forbes “Korea Power Celebrity” list, becoming the youngest celebrity to have ever been included in the ‘Top 10’ of that list.
- In February 2018, she had been diagnosed with dysfunctions of the thyroid gland and was subsequently forced to take a break from acting.
- In October 2020, she had been named the 229th patron of ChildFund Korea‘s ‘Green Noble Club’. She was also the youngest member to have joined the club. It was later revealed that she had been secretly making donations to the fund that helped children in several low-income households to manage the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Another part of her contribution was also used to fund several sick children’s medical expenses.
Featured Image by Kim Yoo-jung / Instagram