|Song Ji-hyo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||August 15, 1981|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Song Ji-hyo is a South Korean actress and model who is best known for her work in films such as Wishing Stairs (2003), A Frozen Flower (2008), New World (2013), What a Man Wants (2018), and Intruder (2020). She is also well recognized for her portrayal of characters such as Min-jung in the drama TV series Age of Innocence (2002), Min Hyo-rin in the romantic comedy TV series Princess Hours (2006), Lady Ye So-ya in the historical drama TV series Jumong (2006), Oh Jin-hee in the romantic comedy/ medical drama TV series Emergency Couple (2014), and Noh Ae-jung in the Netflix drama TV series Was It Love? (2020). She gained international visibility through being a regular cast member of the globally popular South Korean variety TV show called Running Man (2010-Present).
Song Ji-hyo, Mong Ji-hyo, Ace Ji-hyo, Chupa Chups
Pohang, Daegu-Gyeongbuk, North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Song Ji-hyo, after her high school graduation, had joined Kyungmoon University (now known as Kookje College). She had graduated from there with a degree in tax accounting.
- Mother – Park Gwi-ja (Former National-Level Swimmer)
- Siblings – Cheon Seong-moon (Younger Brother) (Actor). She also has a younger sister.
She is represented by Creative Group ING, Talent Management Agency, Seoul, South Korea.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
54 kg or 119 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Song Ji-hyo has dated –
- Baek Chang-ju
- Kang Hee-gun – Rumor
- Kim Jong-kook – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Korean descent.
- Petite frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Song Ji-hyo Facts
- She had developed an inclination towards acting when she was in high school; after she had watched the 1998 South Korean film titled Promise, which had starred Park Shin-yang.
- When she was a teenager, she had been nicknamed ‘Chupa Chups’ by her friends, after the popular lollipop brand, as they felt that her head looked too big on her narrow shoulders.
- During her early days of struggle, she used to work in a part-time job at a cafe. Before she had made her feature film debut with the 2003 horror film titled Wishing Stairs, she also used to work as a cover model for Kiki, an interactive bi-monthly youth magazine targetted at girls between the ages of 8 and 14.
- She had beaten more than 3000 actresses during the audition for her role in Wishing Stairs. For her performance, she was nominated for the ‘Best New Actress’ award at the 24th Blue Dragon Film Awards.
- She had chosen ‘Song Ji-hyo’ as her stage name as a combination of the names of 2 popular actors – Song Seung-heon and Song Hye-kyo. She had mentioned in an interview that she was inspired by the work of both those actors who were the main protagonists of the romantic drama TV series Autumn in My Heart.
- Before adopting this stage name, she had also changed her birth name of Cheon Seong-im to Cheon Soo-yeon. She had revealed in a May 2017 episode of the variety TV show Running Man that she had done so because the latter name was more recognizable.
Featured Image by Song Ji-hyo / Instagram