|Lee Su-hyun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1999|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lee Su-hyun is a South Korean singer, musician, actor, radio personality, DJ, television personality, and model who debuted on April 7, 2014, as the vocalist of the sibling duo AKMU under YG Entertainment after winning the 2nd season of the reality television competition show K-pop Star. AKMU‘s discography consists of various albums, tracks, and extended plays such as Winter, Play, Sailing, Summer Episode, Next Episode, Spring, Give Love, Melted, Time and Fallen Leaves, How People Move, Last Goodbye, Happening, My Darling, and How Can I Love the Heartbreak, You’re the One I Love. Moreover, Lee Su-hyun has also been one-half of the duo Hi Suhyun. Formed by YG Entertainment in 2014, Hi Suhyun‘s other member was singer and songwriter Lee Hi.
Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
Lee Su-hyun was homeschooled by her mother.
Singer, Musician, Actor, Radio Personality, DJ, Television Personality, Model
- Siblings – Lee Chan-hyuk (Older Brother) (Singer, Songwriter, Producer, Author)
Lee Su-hyun has been signed with YG Entertainment.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Lee Su-hyun is of Korean descent.
She has often dyed her hair.
Lee Su-hyun has done endorsement work for the Korean beauty platform Glow Pick.
Lee Su-hyun Facts
- Along with her older brother, she shifted to Mongolia at the Korean age of 10.
- She was born to missionaries.
- Lee Su-hyun has described her childhood stating, “We liked going out to explore nature in Mongolia. Just beyond the city, there would be vast grasslands and cloud-filled skies.”
- Growing up, her family faced financial difficulties.
- It was during their time in Mongolia that Lee Su-hyun and her brother Lee Chan-hyuk started making music together as they were bored.
- After living in Mongolia for around 5 years, Lee Su-hyun had to temporarily move back to South Korea due to an issue with her visa. It was during this time that she participated in an audition and then made the decision to stay in South Korea. Her brother also followed in her footsteps.
- On April 7, 2014, AKMU released its debut studio album Play and it included songs like On the Subway, Melted, Give Love, Don’t Hate Me, Little Star, Artificial Grass, Galaxy, and others. The album peaked at #1 on the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at #2 on the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, and at #20 on the US Heatseekers Albums (Billboard) chart.
- In November 2014, Hi Suhyun released the track I’m Different (ft. Bobby) and Billboard magazine described the song as a jazzy, funk-inspired duet that captures both the singers’ unique energies and music styles. The doing peaked at #1 on the Gaon Digital Chart.
- AKMU‘s 2nd studio album Winter was released on January 3, 2017, and its tracklist included Last Goodbye, You Know Me, Live, Reality, Play Ugly, Way Back Home, Will Last Forever, and Chocolady.
- On April 1, 2020, Lee Su-hyun made a donation of 50 million won to the Daegu Dongsan Hospital medical staff following the COVID-19 pandemic.
- She loves minions.
- She has been friends with artists such as Kim Bo-ra, Kim Sae-ron, Yeri of Red Velvet, Rocky of ASTRO, and Seungkwan of Seventeen.
- Lee Su-hyun has also been a part of shows like YG Future Strategy Office, Mad for Each Other, Part-Time Idol, King of Mask Singer, Sea of Hope, Begin Again, Superband, and Nineteen to Twenty.
Featured Image by Strawberry Kiss / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0