|Rebecca Hall Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Rebecca Maria Hall
London, England, United Kingdom
Rebecca attended Cumnor House School, East Sussex during her pre-teen, from the age of 9 to 13. Later, she went to Roedean School, Brighton, England.
For her higher studies, Rebecca studied English Literature at St. Catharine College (University of Cambridge), but did not complete it as in the year 2002, she dropped out from the University, just before her final year.
- Father – Peter Hall (English Theater and film director and founder of Royal Shakespeare Company)
- Mother – Maria Ewing (American Opera singer)
- Siblings – Edward Hall (Half-Brother) (Theater Director), Lucy Hall (Half-Sister) (Theater Designer), Christopher Hall (Half-Brother) (TV Drama Producer), Jennifer Caron Hall (Half-Sister) (Writer and Painter), and Emma Hall (Half-Sister).
Rebecca is signed with the agencies –
- Julian Belfrage Associates
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
126 lbs or 57 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rebecca Hall dated –
- Freddie Stevenson (2003-2004) – Rebecca dated her co-star Freddie Stevenson in her father’s stage production (William Shakespeare’s As you Like It). They started seeing each other in 2003 and a year later in 2004, the relationship was called off.
- Michael McCormick Hall (2002) – In the year 2002, Rebecca dated Michael McCormick, a screenwriter and producer for a short while.
- Sam Mendes (June 2011-2013) – Rebecca and Sam Mendes first met during the production of Starter For 10. They began dating in June 2011, when Sam had ended his previous married relationship with actress Kate Winslet. The couple publicly opened up about their relationship in the year 2012. Sam, an Oscar-winning director has also directed Rebecca in the play Cherry Orchard (by Anton Chekhov) in 2009. They separated in 2013.
- Morgan Spector (2014-Present) – While Rebecca was working in a Broadway production, she met actor Morgan Spector in 2014. They got married in 2015. In 2018, it was revealed that they were expecting a child who was born later in the year.
Race / Ethnicity
Apart from British and American, Rebecca has Dutch, Scottish, Sioux and African-American ancestry through her mother.
- Slim built
- Great looks
34-24-34 in or 87-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
Rebecca has promoted the British Fashion Company “Mulberry International.”
Best Known For
She is famously known for her roles in movies like Iron Man 3 (2013), The Prestige (2006), Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008), where she played one of the title characters as Vicky. She received a Golden Globe nomination for her role in this movie.
She appeared in the British comedy-drama Starter for 10 for her role as Rebecca Epstein.
First TV Show
In 1992, when Rebecca was 10, she appeared in her father’s television adaptation of Mary Wesley’s The Camomile Lawn for her role as young Sophie.
Rebecca has a thin and lithe build. She does maintain a gym routine for 5 times in a week. wherein she does slow cardio sessions with long intervals and strength training workouts. She intakes a high fiber diet and plenty of fluids.
Rebecca Hall Favorite Things
- Movie – Manhattan (1979) by Woody Allen
- TV Show – Twin Peaks (1990-1991)
- Music – Jazz
Source – IMDb, Farfetch.com
Rebecca Hall Facts
- Daughter of a veteran theater director, Sir Peter Hall, Rebecca is active in theater since childhood. She won the prestigious “Ian Charleson Award” in 2003 for her debut stage performance in Mrs. Warren’s Profession. Her second Charleson nomination was again for her performance in her father’s production, William Shakespeare’s As You Like It in 2003.
- During the audition of The Town (2010), her agent paid the fares for her flight because Hall had no money.
- She used to love ghost stories as a child.
- When she was 11 years old, Rebecca had already grown up to a height of 5 ft 10 inches.
- She has also appeared in James Blake‘s video “A Case of You” in 2012.
- Hall’s portrayal of Paula Garland in Red Riding: In the Year of Our Lord 1974 (2009) (Television adaptation of David Peace’s “Red Riding Quarter”) fetched her BAFTA Award in 2010.
- Having a theatrical background, Rebecca has appeared in many stage productions. Her “Broadway” debut was in the play called Machinal in 2013, by Sophie TreadWell.
- She has three half-sisters and two half brothers from age 22 to 57 respectively.