|Lee Dong-hwi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 22, 1985|
Lee Dong-hwi is a South Korean actor and singer who has been cast in a variety of movies such as Confidential Assignment, New Year Blues, The Beauty Inside, The Sound of a Flower, Queen of the Night, Run to the South, Veteran, Cold Eyes, Tazza: The Hidden Card, Way Back Home, One Line, No Tears for the Dead, Extreme Job, The Bros, New Trial, Somewhere in Between, My First Client, The Call, Exit, Fashion King, and The Handmaiden. In addition to that, Lee Dong-hwi has also gained recognition with his television roles like playing Ryu Dong-ryong in the family romantic comedy series Reply 1988, Moon Seok-goo in the comedy-drama series Pegasus Market, Do Ki-taek in the workplace romantic comedy-drama series Radiant Office, Geo-book (Turtle) in the black comedy-drama series Entourage, Lee Kyung in the romantic comedy show Divorce Lawyer in Love, Jung Ga-ram in the science fiction series SF8, and Han Jung-hoon in the historical romantic action drama series Gunman in Joseon.
Lee Dong-hwi has been signed with KeyEast, a management agency founded by actor Bae Yong-joon.
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lee Dong-hwi has dated –
- Jung Ho-yeon (2015-Present) – In 2015, he started dating actor and model Jung Ho-yeon, known for playing the role of Kang Sae-byeok in the Netflix survival drama series Squid Game.
Race / Ethnicity
Lee Dong-hwi is of South Korean descent.
- Fuller lips
- Often wears glasses
Lee Dong-hwi Facts
- He was cast as Sang-baek in the 2015 romantic comedy film The Beauty Inside, based on the 2012 American social film The Beauty Inside. For this role, Lee Dong-hwi was nominated in the “Best Supporting Actor” category at the 11th Max Movie Awards.
- In 2015, he brought to life the character of Chil-sung in the period drama film The Sound of a Flower, based on the life of Jin Chae-seon who became the first female pansori singer of the Korean dynastic kingdom of Joseon in 1867.
- Alongside EXO’s Suho, Ryu Jun-yeol, Byun Yo-han, Ji Soo, and several others, Lee Dong-hwi has been a member of a celebrity group of friends named BYH48. It was their fans who came up with the group’s name and ‘BYH’ refers to Byun Yo-han – the group’s leader – and ’48’ is a parody of Japanese idol group AKB48.
- From 2015 to 2016, Lee Dong-hwi appeared as Ryu Dong-ryong, the neighborhood clown who loves to sing, dance, and play jokes on his friends, in the family romantic comedy television series Reply 1988. This performance earned him a “Rookie Award” at the 16th Korea World Youth Film Festival while he was also nominated for the 52nd Baeksang Arts Award for “Best New Actor (TV)”, 9th Korea Drama Award for “Best New Actor”, and 1st tvN10 Award for “Scene-Stealer Award, Actor”.
- He was nominated for the 2nd Fashionista Award for “Best Fashionista” in 2016.
- In 2019, Lee Dong-hwi played Detective Young-ho, the team’s determined goal-setter and the most serious member, in the action-comedy film Extreme Job. The film became the 2nd most-viewed film in South Korean film history.
- He co-starred as Yong-chan in the 2021 romantic comedy film New Year Blues.
- He has a pet cat.
Featured Image by Lee Dong-hwi / Instagram